2.0.1 update #%$@ up Facebook phone #s

iclickjohn

Reaction score
That Facebook integration of phone numbers and email addresses WAS great. I no longer have them. Does have a facebook link to all facebook contacts, thats all. Did the settings/accounts/facebook sync. Yes. Also tried within Facebook widget settings/sync. yes. Prior to the update Facebook/synced contacts showed phone number, email address, and facebook status.
Would like to have that back.

DoTheDrew

Reaction score
anyone else experiencing this? kinda sucks if they take that away with the update.

d4v3

Reaction score
I too am experiencing the same issue as the OP. They were all fine prior to the 2.0.1 update. Curiously, if I uncheck "Only contacts with phones" in the display options of contacts then it will display all of my facebook contacts (with and without phones) and the ones with phone numbers show up and integrate normally. However, as soon as I enable this option it only shows contacts from my google contacts, but does correctly link facebook profiles and integrate the facebook photo for them all.

OP
I

iclickjohn

Reaction score
I too am experiencing the same issue as the OP. They were all fine prior to the 2.0.1 update. Curiously, if I uncheck "Only contacts with phones" in the display options of contacts then it will display all of my facebook contacts (with and without phones) and the ones with phone numbers show up and integrate normally. However, as soon as I enable this option it only shows contacts from my google contacts, but does correctly link facebook profiles and integrate the facebook photo for them all.

To be clear, are you saying that you do have phone numbers for your facebook friends (that were not in your contacts previously)?

d4v3

Reaction score
I do have phone numbers for my facebook contacts. However, the only way to get them to show up is to have ALL of my facebook contacts added. It will no longer let me add only those facebook contacts that have phone numbers associated with them. So I am left with two options: only show my google contacts (doing this will still show facebook pictures and link to their profiles) OR have google contacts and ALL of my facebook contacts showing up which leaves me with lots of contacts listed that have no phone number associated with them since it's not been listed in that user's profile. Is this what you're experiencing as well?

OP
I

iclickjohn

Reaction score
OK, you have update and facebook info syncs (for the most part) and I don't hear too much reporting of problem. I'm not stupid, and I know I've tried everything to properly sync FB. Hmmmmm. But it must just be something I'm not doing.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do have phone numbers for my facebook contacts. However, the only way to get them to show up is to have ALL of my facebook contacts added. It will no longer let me add only those facebook contacts that have phone numbers associated with them. So I am left with two options: only show my google contacts (doing this will still show facebook pictures and link to their profiles) OR have google contacts and ALL of my facebook contacts showing up which leaves me with lots of contacts listed that have no phone number associated with them since it's not been listed in that user's profile. Is this what you're experiencing as well?

If you have synced your facebook with your contacts fully at least once, it will add all the contacts that have phone #'s from facebook to your contacts in google. Go to facebook and don't allow it to sync at all. This should show you all users in your contacts that only have phone #'s.

d4v3

Reaction score
I had all google contacts and only those facebook contacts with phone numbers listed at one point (prior to the update), but afterwards I lost all of the facebook contacts with numbers. I do not believe it ever created new contacts in my google contacts to correspond with the phone number facebook contacts. It only listed them together on the phone as far as I could tell. If I go into contacts -> menu -> display options and uncheck "only contacts with phones" it will list all of my facebook contacts including those with phone numbers and those without. However when i recheck this its removing all facebook contacts, even those with phone numbers, and leaving only my google contacts. I cannot figure this out. I am almost ready to just manually add all of my facebook contacts to my google contacts and forget about it. If they arent already in my google contacts I probably dont need their number anyways lol.

OP
I

iclickjohn

Reaction score
and now I have them. hopefully more than an hours worth. I am officially all good with update and no problems. So this must be a behind the scenes issue that can resolve without any input. (?)
I went into settings/sync and selected facebook sync. At the bottom hit remove account. I did a phone shut down. Long hold/turn off phone. I must have touched something because I had my hand over the phone so the DDRRRROOOIIIIIIDDDD didn't wake up my wife. So I had to yank the battery. (and that might be the key) Turned phone back on went to settings/sync and added facebook again. Sign in. Use all contacts.
At first it didn't take. But after a few minutes the info was all there.

d4v3

Reaction score
and now I have them. hopefully more than an hours worth. I am officially all good with update and no problems. So this must be a behind the scenes issue that can resolve without any input. (?)
I went into settings/sync and selected facebook sync. At the bottom hit remove account. I did a phone shut down. Long hold/turn off phone. I must have touched something because I had my hand over the phone so the DDRRRROOOIIIIIIDDDD didn't wake up my wife. So I had to yank the battery. (and that might be the key) Turned phone back on went to settings/sync and added facebook again. Sign in. Use all contacts.
At first it didn't take. But after a few minutes the info was all there.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I now have contacts displaying correctly with the "only contacts with phones" checked. I had previously done the removal and adding of the facebook account so I believe removal of the battery is key, as you suggested. Thanks for posting your success.

OP
I

iclickjohn

Reaction score
A scholar eh??? Guess what, you must be wrong. The numbers and emails are poof, gone again. I think we need to nickname this the phantom droid. Curious to know if yours sticks.

d4v3

Reaction score
Sadly mine did not stay fixed. Through no action of mine the contacts reverted back to the way they were in my initial post here. Oh well, I think I'm just going to take the time and manually create google contacts for those facebook contacts I care about, and then have facebook just sync with existing contacts as that seems to be working as intended.

MorrowMedia

Reaction score
I noticed my facebook contact folder being empty 2 days before my update took place. I dont think the update has anything to do with it..I think its the application and/or phone itself..?

OP
I

iclickjohn

Reaction score
I've had my droid ever since an early 7:00am unveiling at Verizon. No problems from day one with syncing facebook info. Update and instantly no sync. The only variable was the update.
Something will come down the pike to fix this, if enough people are affected by it. That is what bothers me more than anything. You don't hear too many people jumping on this issue.
Well, based on the combined experience we have had, it seems to come and go randomly. Ahh, I've got most of my important contacts already in my gmail contacts.