1 issue and 1 question

sparty569

Reaction score
I am having an issue with my dialer. I cannot use it half of the time and have to pull the battery to get it to work. I dial the number, then it goes back to the dial pad. Same when I was using DialerOne. After I do the battery pull, I can dial, but it takes 30 - 45 seconds before it shows the connecting screen with my contacts picture.

I am using Kang. 5.0.7, with Chevy's 1.25 LV Kernel. I am using LauncherPro as my launcher.

My question is this. During the day, my phone will be at a decent temp, bouncing between 85F and 98F. Then, in the evening, while it is in my pocket, I will feel it heat up, to over 120F. Nothing is running, with the screen off and when I hit the power button, I am at the lock screen.

Has anyone else had any kind of experience like this? Any info would be greatly apprecaited. The heat is killing my battery and the dialer issue is very frustrating.

Thanks...

TedWilliams

Reaction score
Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
I am having an issue with my dialer. I cannot use it half of the time and have to pull the battery to get it to work. I dial the number, then it goes back to the dial pad. Same when I was using DialerOne. After I do the battery pull, I can dial, but it takes 30 - 45 seconds before it shows the connecting screen with my contacts picture.

I am using Kang. 5.0.7, with Chevy's 1.25 LV Kernel. I am using LauncherPro as my launcher.

My question is this. During the day, my phone will be at a decent temp, bouncing between 85F and 98F. Then, in the evening, while it is in my pocket, I will feel it heat up, to over 120F. Nothing is running, with the screen off and when I hit the power button, I am at the lock screen.

Has anyone else had any kind of experience like this? Any info would be greatly apprecaited. The heat is killing my battery and the dialer issue is very frustrating.

Thanks...

I'd say flash 5.0.9 and your problems should be alleviated. If you prefer .7, perhaps try reflashing the rom and seeing if that helps. The only time I've noticed my phone getting hot is when I'm talking to someone for more than 5 minutes.