0.4 bad battery?

searayman

Reaction score
Does 0.4 have bad battery, i am not having such great results with its battery life, and i am using its standard kernal and did wipe

DavidBowman

Reaction score
I had the same problem, but I wiped everything out and reinstalled fresh. Now I get good battery life.

One thing I did to differently: instead of immediately trying to restore apps from Titanium Backup, I let the market do its thing first. Not sure if that makes a difference or not, but it was the only thing I could point to that I did differently other than downgrade the baseband.

You could also try an alternate kernel. I'm running really smoothly with good battery life on Chevy's ULV 1.0ghz kernel.

Last edited:

chomorro

Reaction score
I have noticed it as well, im even using a ulv kernel ;), but on stock 800mhz i was getting worse life too. I dont mind though, i just charge everywhere i go lol.

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
i dont use titanium so idk.... Batteryleft widget used to get me at 20+ hours now i am at14 hours for total battery life.

chomorro

Reaction score
14+ man i wish lol. If i play my games i only get like 8 max. I probably have a dud battery to begin with. or my games are just intense.

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
14+ man i wish lol. If i play my games i only get like 8 max. I probably have a dud battery to begin with. or my games are just intense.

i dont play many games, i usually just text talk a little, and browse internet and apps a little for checking updates to sports etc.

DavidBowman

Reaction score
What baseband are you using? Honestly, I'm reaching for ideas, but hey, it's worth asking. I probably only get 14-16 hours of moderate use out of my phone, but I'm satisfied with that.

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
What baseband are you using? Honestly, I'm reaching for ideas, but hey, it's worth asking. I probably only get 14-16 hours of moderate use out of my phone, but I'm satisfied with that.

c_01.3E.03P

DavidBowman

Reaction score
Try upgrading. I'm no expert, but my understanding is that if your phone gets bad data reception, then it takes more juice to sync email, etc.

ROM Manager will do this for you under Pete's download section (and others). It's easy to revert if you don't get good results.

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
Try upgrading. I'm no expert, but my understanding is that if your phone gets bad data reception, then it takes more juice to sync email, etc.

ROM Manager will do this for you under Pete's download section (and others). It's easy to revert if you don't get good results.

Yeah I have experienced increase in battery life after I upgraded to baseband C_01.41.00R. Also, I think I have had better battery life when using BB V0.4 vs BB V0.3.

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score

Yeah I have experienced increase in battery life after I upgraded to baseband C_01.41.00R. Also, I think I have had better battery life when using BB V0.4 vs BB V0.3.

which baseband is the latest, the one u mentioned or this one; C_01.43.01P and where do i get the latest from?

jasondeg

Reaction score

which baseband is the latest, the one u mentioned or this one; C_01.43.01P and where do i get the latest from?

The newest version is tagged at the top of this thread (Bugless).... or if you use ROM Manager it is also in Pete's section of ROM Manager

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I too thought the battery life was much bettery with v0.3 but the performance was a little slower as well. I doubt wiping and reinstalling versus just installing over a previous ROM will change any results. When I updated to v0.3 I just installed over v0.2 and my battery life was way better in v0.3 than it was in v0.2 or v0.4.

Definitely thinking about going back to v0.3 as I only saw minor changes.