0.1 & 0.2 Random Reboots

sargenthp

Reaction score
The only problem that I have had so far with 0.2 is pocket rebooting. I was somehow hitting the power button and another side button. So I disable the "Hidden Shutdown Options" script and been working much better.

DigiK

Reaction score
The only problem that I have had so far with 0.2 is pocket rebooting. I was somehow hitting the power button and another side button. So I disable the "Hidden Shutdown Options" script and been working much better.

The random reboots persisted for me after removing shutdown scripts. What kernel/speed are you running and was it a clean install?

sargenthp

Reaction score
I used a kernel from P3Droid Kernels because I need the tun driver for my VPN access. I am using the Low Voltage 125-800MHz kernel and used the OverClock widget to make it run from 250-800MHz. It was not a clean install. I upgraded from V0.1 to V0.2 without doing a wipe.

Hope this helps!

DigiK

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems like some clock speed-related issues then with v.2, but I'm really disinclined to back off from 250-1.2, which has proven stable for me through countless ROM builds.

Thanks for the info, Sargenthp.

Reaction score
Might be known already, but i just went back to 0.2 again...

I have tried from 1.1, from 0.1, and then installed using rom manager all with the same random reboots.

this last time I put 0.2 on there it seemed like the random reboots went away, but then I installed setcpu, and within 5 minutes I got a random reboot... SO I uninstalled setcpu and it seemed alright for a while until it rebooted it again.

Anyways, I had a bit of a drive, and I had music playing the entire way with no random reboots. I made a stop and stopped the music on my phone, and after I did this it basically froze and rebooted again.

So I found as long as the processor is doing something it does not reboot...

Like I said I dunno if this has been already seen but thought I would send in my two cents

ASN-121

Reaction score
I think I figured it out! I too was having the same problem with reboot issue. So what I did was went back to my original stock froyo before I did any of the custom roms. Once I flashed my backup, I then re-downloaded Jrummys Kangerade but i didn't pick out a KERNEL(No, Thank YOU-on the selection) so now I'm using the stock kernel and the reboot issue is gone. Oh I also uninstalled the setcpu, I read in a few places that the setcpu has been giving problems on froyo too. But I think the Kernels listed on some of the roms are the problem-because I went thru all the kernels on Jrummys and still had the problems...No disrespect Jrummy I love your stuff! Hope this helps...if it does email me.... rangu68606@gmail.com

I believe you are right about the kernels... I ran BB v.1 and V.2 on the stock kernel just fine. When I went back to P3 @ 1 GHz, I started getting reboots, though they're not exactly random. A lot of times it involved pressing the home button or if I got a popup from Handcent. Going back now to hopefully prevent it from happening again!

Edit: I also stopped using Apps2SD thinking it may have caused issues, however the reboots are just as frequent.

manicpop

Reaction score
i can verify that i was having shutdown issues all the time until i removed /system/bin/shutdown. i must have been bumping the camera button or volume button when unlocking my screen (although it sure didn't seem like i was). so i would say there are two issues:

1) if you are getting RANDOM reboots (happening at any time, doing anything), try a different kernel.

2) if you are getting shutdowns/reboots when locking/unlocking the screen, try removing /system/bin/shutdown and see if that stops it.