I just use zumocast and audiogalaxy as a backup. I would use google music but it doesn't hold enough. I don't know if it's a storage cap it has or a song cap but it's definitely missing about half of my library so I stopped using it. Zumo and Audiogalaxy work very well for me.
When the OTA is available for my phone I will be removing root and will let the forum know if you can still root after the update or not. 2 others have already stated that they achieved root using the method stickied in the forum.
right, I am well aware of this :)
However, there is a lot of misinformation floating around right now and a lot of people are obviously getting confused so the more verification the better. It's the scientific process.
5.5.886 is stock. 5.5.893 is the update that people are receiving OTA. If you flashed to any leaked build (5.5.893leak - 5.7.893 - 5.8.894) you will not be able to receive OTA updates as of right now due to the bootloader being locked. It fill fail. There currently is nothing you can do to go...
1) The early reviews are that you can't update unless you unfreeze bloat (though I'm not sure if this is confirmed)
2) If you use the 4everroot that is posted here :R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1 you will keep root
3) If you don't have root going into the update, you can still...
Try http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-hacks/173870-r3l3as3droot-43v3r-root-bionic-v2-1-a.html and see if that makes a difference. Says it'll work with .893 but I haven't received the OTA so I can't say honestly.
Can you go to about phone and post the following please :)
1) Build Number/System Version
2) Kernel Version
3) Baseband Version
Would be much appreciated
Has anybody else tried to update from this specific version? (5.7.893)
There are no suggestions besides wait. It's currently not possible (because of a locked bootloader) to change your Kernel/Radio. If you aren't on stock Kernal/Radio you are **** out of luck.
I hate to be this blunt, but I've read this same question at least 50 times today. It's not unfair...
There is no official confirmation of this yet (meaning exact same code as leaked OTA).
Yes, I am aware of standard practices in changing the build number every time you edit a build ; however that's not 100% confirmation.
My order of preference
Lense > Camera > Firmware
Regardless of the firmware you can only get so much better without improving your lense.
(ready to shrug off the "it's not a camera, it's a phone" comments)