Zune - Click of Death

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this and had success in bringing your Zune back to life afterwards ???

motty69

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this and had success in bringing your Zune back to life afterwards ???

No offense, but what exactly makes you think an Droid forum is a place to look for an answer to this question?

Don't get me wrong, I have a Zune 80 and love it, but this is like asking a Mac forum about something that isn't shiny. :p

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
...maybe you should look closer, this is the off topic area where all discussions are welcome

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I got an old Zune 80GB. The screen is starting to go but it's not dead yet. What's wrong with your TP....won't power on?

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Something with the hard drive - you can hear it clicking inside...and it won't go past the error boot screen #5 - Microsoft told me I am out of luck because it's 13 months old, I paid $300.00 for this thing and recently bought another for our son, I am begining to regret the second purchase and already regret the first -

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, I used it a ton when I first got it, then I dropped it, (it wouldn't turn on and was making the clicking sound) I sent it back to Microsoft they replaced it and I haven't used it too much since I got my Droid. I paid $250.00 for mine a few years ago. I don't know if i'd get another one though. As much as I dislike apple the iPod touches are much better for relatively the same price.

HelpeRX

Reaction score

Now at least you learned your lesson, always go for apple products for mp3s and such. They are a great company the product will last you a whole year before it gets obsolete! =P

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hate to admit it, but I should have went apple on this one :(

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hate to admit it, but I should have went apple on this one :(

Lol, i dont own a zene but a Creative zen and i agree with this statement. My screen went out....:icon_evil:
And just to be random, has the [OP] on the right always been their? I cant say ive noticed that before.

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The [OP] feature is new - and very helpful :)

GB D1

motty69

Reaction score
...maybe you should look closer, this is the off topic area where all discussions are welcome

*facepalm* Point taken.

In my (lame) defense I read your post from the new posts tab in
the Android app, the forum it was in was not immediately obvious. I'm new to the site and was not aware there was a off topic forum. Sorry I was a hater. ;)

motty69

Reaction score
Now at least you learned your lesson, always go for apple products for mp3s and such. They are a great company the product will last you a whole year before it gets obsolete! =P

I have a Zune 80 and have had zero problems with it. I work with a guy who has been using the same Zune 30 every day at work for about 4 years now. Apple does have nice hardware but I've had no problems with the Zune hardware. Granted I could be the exception to the rule...