Zumocast

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by JJBionic, Apr 19, 2012.

1. JJBionic

JJBionic New Member

Is any one else having problems downloading large files from Zumpcast? I am trying to transfer a movie from my PC at home to my Bionic (2nd one first one went to hell when I added wifi access to it)? The Motorola Launcher keeps erroring when DLing large files as if the phone just can't keep up? I have it plugged in at the moment and seems to be DLing the file at a good rate but no Launcher. For a dual core phone I'd assume it could do more then this!!!?

JJ

Also it locked up after Dling 150 something mb! WHY me:mad::mad::mad:
  2. tbrand68

tbrand68 New Member

I've had it error out on me too... when you stream, it's not as big a deal...you get a little pause in the action...but with the download, it errors out.

There is a small program calld HFS (HFS ~ HTTP File Server) that is a webserver you could run on your machine at home... just set it up to use a non-standard port (cause there isn't much security), then port forward your router to your pc running HFS and then you can browse your PC from your phone with any of the android browsers... browse to your move, then download it... it's about 30% faster download than through zumocast anyway... I use it as a "backup" connection when I gots to get me some entertainment! :)

Just a thought...

Tim
Search tags for this page
what port does zumocast use

what port does zumocast use?

what ports do zumocast use