zumocast?

Ansa82

Reaction score
so can anyone help me with this? I installed it on my laptop and its on my bionic....it started looking like it was syncing the music quickly then it froze and I shut it down. When I got it going again I tried to play a few of the songs ( they were from my itunes account) and of course it said it couldnt play anything because they were protected? So im not going to be able to use zumocast with my itunes account right? Thanks!! Annette

ps if I unintall zumocast will it get rid of all of the "non" music on my phone now that cant be played?

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
I wonder if its because its a Mac?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jonnygage

Reaction score
None of the music should actually be stored on your phone unless you downloaded them. Have you tried going into the app, hitting menu, and then refreshing? I had to do that when I originally set it up. Works great as long as your computer and phone have an internet connection.

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
None of the music should actually be stored on your phone unless you downloaded them. Have you tried going into the app, hitting menu, and then refreshing? I had to do that when I originally set it up. Works great as long as your computer and phone have an internet connection.

Ah I get it now! Yeah I see that when my laptop is shut down the songs are gone from the phone and it's telling me it's "disconnected". So in order to get the music to play on my phone I would need to have my computer ON! Got it...thank
You! Ansa82

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
But what does DRM protected mean?? I cannot play any of the songs & i get a message saying theyre DRM protected? Is that because my computer isnt on to "sync" with phone zumocast or because theyre itunes songs??

ripper2860

Reaction score
DRM is "Digital Rights Managed". It means that the files are protected and that there must be a mechnism for decoding and playing them that can work with the DRM process. The end device (in this case the phone) must be able to handle the particular DRM for that file -- in this case Apple's DRM. That means that the phone application (Zumocast) must support it or the phone hardware must support it -- which it does not.

You may be able to find a DLNA server app that can run on your PC and transcode on-the-fly to stream to your phone using MiniDLNA. That way it is processed and presented in a format that the phone can handle.

Or you could RIP the music to Music CD (not burning the file to CD) using iTunes. Assuming you bought the music, iTunes will re-encode to CD Ausio w/o the DRM. Then rip the CD to MP3 files back onto your computer for use by Zumocast.

*** Side Note -- anyone know how to get Zumocast to play MKV's ?? ***

Last edited:
OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
So last night I figured out that if I have my laptop ON and my phone on the zumocast program THEN zumocast does allow me to play the protected DRM music....WIERD eh? As soon as I tuen my laptop OFF no songs play and I get the "DRM" protected music message.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
whatever computer you're using to stream the music from must be on in order to play anything.
nothing is being stored on your phone, it's all streaming from your PC/Laptop.
the error message is odd, but not so odd that it's unexpected...

janus1018

Reaction score
One question. Does the phone have to be on wifi to stream content from your computer?

I spoke with a verizon agent and thats what he told me.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
One question. Does the phone have to be on wifi to stream content from your computer?

I spoke with a verizon agent and thats what he told me.

Don't think so... believe i have streamed 4g&3g driving around .

ChrisPCB

Reaction score

That is correct. I use Zumocast on my Droid3 to listen to my music in the car across 3G. It will work over wifi as well, but it is not required.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

bluezdawg

Reaction score

Ok, I validated that you can stream 3g/4g while I went looking for a Halloween costume. I also downloaded while in 4g coverage (great to have some tunes on the phone for those occasional Bionic 3g4g radio drops :). Worked great!