Zumocast

Batman8

Reaction score
Well, i use an iMac and zumocast perfect for me on my Bionic. I love having access to all of my music without using my actual memory card. That is brilliant.

How did you get it to work on your Mac? Did you have to turn off your firewall or anti-virus software? If you were able to get Zumocast to work WITH your firewall still on, please explain the steps. I would LOVE to use this app but I am concerned about others accessing my computer while using it. I keep getting the error that "the server is not connecting" on my Macbook's end. Please HELP!

Any real help or ideas would be greatly appreciated? Thanks.

mike02vr6

Reaction score
I just downloaded it today but it won't finish loading on my computer so I can't even get it to work. It says it is fully loaded but it will not boot up on my computer.:icon_evil:

yiannis

Reaction score
It wasn't the smoothest of installations but it eventually worked for me. Showed off a lot of photos from my vacation to friends this weekend... All of them iPhone users wondering why loading my photos took so long. When I answered that I was linking to my computer wirelessly for free they became curious. I just said droid does and that was that.

Windows 7/Rooted Bionic

Last edited:

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
^^ hahaha priceless.

@Batman8. I don't use an antivirus or firewall on my iMac at this point. So i just went to Zumocast site and downloaded it through safari and installed it. Then opened up the app on my Bionic and presto..instant sync.

Batman8

Reaction score
^^ hahaha priceless.

@Batman8. I don't use an antivirus or firewall on my iMac at this point. So i just went to Zumocast site and downloaded it through safari and installed it. Then opened up the app on my Bionic and presto..instant sync.

Thanks for the reply. So you're working completely "unprotected" huh?...you really are a "Dark Jedi." Good Luck with that. Hopefully the force will be with you! ;)

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Hahaha..well in my experience with the Internet ( i have been online for about 16 years now lol ), it's about what your doing while surfing the internet or what you download from the internet. Im not worried about them mass trojans aimed at Macs because i don't do anything that i shouldn't and I'm not apart of a big company which is what most viruses/trojans are aimed at anyway. So i think the Force is very strong with me lol.

JayDROIDX69

Reaction score
Everytime I go into Zumocast it says it's offline and when i go into my start menu and click it it brigns up the Mcfae protection asking to allow access. I believe it's downloaded but I can't get into it. somebody help.

pbcarch

Reaction score
Well I have gotten it to work again but I had to leave zc open on my computers at home. Does not seem right though...shouldn't the auto start option allow you to access from your bionic without having to open zc on your computer each time?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

JJBionic

Reaction score
Is any one else having problems downloading large files from Zumpcast? I am trying to transfer a movie from my PC at home to my Bionic (2nd one first one went to hell when I added wifi access to it)? The Motorola Launcher keeps erroring when DLing large files as if the phone just can't keep up? I have it plugged in at the moment and seems to be DLing the file at a good rate but no Launcher. For a dual core phone I'd assume it could do more then this!!!?

JJ

Also it locked up after Dling 150 something mb! WHY me:mad::mad::mad:

tbrand68

Reaction score
I've had it error out on me too... when you stream, it's not as big a deal...you get a little pause in the action...but with the download, it errors out.

There is a small program calld HFS (HFS ~ HTTP File Server) that is a webserver you could run on your machine at home... just set it up to use a non-standard port (cause there isn't much security), then port forward your router to your pc running HFS and then you can browse your PC from your phone with any of the android browsers... browse to your move, then download it... it's about 30% faster download than through zumocast anyway... I use it as a "backup" connection when I gots to get me some entertainment! :)

Just a thought...

Tim

sliptooth

Reaction score
does anyone know how to uninstall Zumo Service from Razr Maxx??? its killing my battery and i dont have much use for it