Zumocast

dberthia

Reaction score
Some AVI files don't seem to load properly, I haven't figured out why yet though.

I'm seeing this as well. AVI files seem to be hit and miss, even without DRM. It would be nice if someone could share further information about this.

JimmyGT

Reaction score
Yeah some of my AVI's don't work either. I also have a lot of MKVs, and none of those seem to work even though Zumocast says it supports them. Granted, I don't know if they are DRM protected. Is there an easy way to tell?

GBH2

Reaction score
Yeah some of my AVI's don't work either. I also have a lot of MKVs, and none of those seem to work even though Zumocast says it supports them. Granted, I don't know if they are DRM protected. Is there an easy way to tell?

.avi is a container and some could contain video and audio that are problematic for Zumocast.

DRM - If you check "properties"/ security(right click on file with mouse on pc) it should tell you if it is protected or not.

mandragora

Reaction score
I don't believe so.

I'm able to play AVI files, as long as they aren't protected. Some AVI files don't seem to load properly, I haven't figured out why yet though.

The ones I am trying to play, I created myself so I know they are not DRM protected.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I've got a ton (234 gigs/2469 folders/41220 files) in "my music" shared folder. My 360/blu ray/android tablet and tv - all on my wireless network - show them fine. Zumocast on my bionic will show the few vid clips/pictures that are in their respective folders, but after waiting and waiting none of my music shows up?.? Is there a way to have it search for a particular CD/Song or does it have to read in all the files first??

Any help much appreciated.

xcrider

Reaction score
is there a way for me to access my HDD with Zumocast while my computer is OFF or sleeping? is that possible with win7?
You might be able to wake it up with pc monitor.... But not if its off all the way.

holjes

Reaction score
I agree with you guys. This program is awesome. Way to go moto. 3 external hard drives... About 6 tb of vids. Only a couple wont stream. Mostly avi, not sure what codec. This thing is fast too. Hope everyone enjoys it. Have fun!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

holjes

Reaction score
is there a way for me to access my HDD with Zumocast while my computer is OFF or sleeping? is that possible with win7?

Not sure if your motherboard is compatible but you could always try a wake on lan option. Where you leave your computer in a low power state. (just enough power to receive a "magic packet" through the lan connection) then from a website that allows you to send the wakeonlan request you wake your computer. I use it for my media tv computer, but I use a program not a website. Sorry I don't know more info but something you might want to research if you want to leave your computer off. Good luck :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
so i signed up for zumocast. Got in to work at first but now it wont connect. Another thing, im trying to open up the zumocast program on my cpu so that i can add more folders, but everytime i click on the icon nothing pops up or opens up or anything. Why is nothing coming up?

xcrider

Reaction score
so i signed up for zumocast. Got in to work at first but now it wont connect. Another thing, im trying to open up the zumocast program on my cpu so that i can add more folders, but everytime i click on the icon nothing pops up or opens up or anything. Why is nothing coming up?

Right click...

holjes

Reaction score

Not sure why it won't connect though if you already had connected fine. Try and see if you can access it from a normal web browser @ zumocast.com to see if it is a problem with the server on your main computer or your phone. If the web browser connects, once you log in, its a phone problem. If you cannot connect in the browser, then you need to check your main computer settings. Try checking your proxy settings, and make sure that your router has allowed the ports to forward correctly. If you have upnp enabled then rules should have been created automatically. Check any firewalls you might have enabled to make sure you are allowing the ports through. AND as always on good old windows machines, a reboot can fix a boatload of problems. Good luck.

FuturePrimitive

Reaction score
Ok, so I see a lot of love for Zumocast but I'm having an issue. If my phone switches between wi-fi and 3/4G Zumocast sometimes will not be able to handle the switch and not pick it back up until its "restarted" (not killed/restarted but I have to go out of the app, wait and then back in). Also the resume function seems hit or miss. Sometimes its there and sometimes not. Anyone else having similar issues?

willlayb

Reaction score
so...where do the downloaded files go on the internal? anyone know?