Zumocast

Reaction score
Trying to futz around with zumocast and I like the premise, but does anyone know how to accomplish zumocast recognizing a 2ndary HD on your puter. Im running a SSD for boot and a 2nd HDD for data/media etc. Zumocast scans C:, can I make it read D: as well?

idefiler6

Reaction score
Right click tray icon > preferences > add folder > ....you should have access to everything in My Computer. I don't have a 2nd hdd in my PC yet but just going on the clues of the interface provided.

OP
JerseyFirefighter
Reaction score
LoL... im pretty bummed I didnt think about adding a folder.. I guess im too busy wondering why it wont remember my login...and then the widget says the program isnt installed and I have to start all over.. Thanks that worked great!

timlaw27

Reaction score
Zumocast cast is awesome. Streaming music over 4g at work all day with no lag. Watched an episode of Entourage on my lunch break as well. Love it so far.

GBH2

Reaction score
I got it see my C: and my external D: and even the files on my 8TB NAS, but it won't play any songs(.mp3) or videos(.avi, .mkv). I haven't realy had a chance to figure out what the problem is yet.

timlaw27

Reaction score
I got it see my C: and my external D: and even the files on my 8TB NAS, but it won't play any songs(.mp3) or videos(.avi, .mkv). I haven't realy had a chance to figure out what the problem is yet.

All my MP3's and AVI files seemed to work ok. I did notice that some files that I had on my computer that did not have the proper codecs would not stream to my phone. Not sure exactly how zumocast works, but it seems that whatever plays on my computer should play on my phone. Will need to continue to test more files though.

Anathema

Reaction score
I was able to add as many drives as I wanted (5 separate hard drives, 1 TB each) by doing it the same way ).

There are two solutions.

1) Remove all Library folders (the defaults), since you can't stream 1 folder in addition to its parent directory as 2 folders. Only the parent directory.
2) Share any drive over a home network as a folder and add the folder (Drive) into Zumocast via your network.

As for file types...

ZumoCast can transcode any type of video file of any resolution to fit the needs of your mobile device.For more details please refer to this list:

● DivX (divx)
● Flash MP4 Video (f4v)
● Quicktime HD Movie (hdmov)
● MPEG-2 Program Stream File (m2p)
● Matroska (mkv)
● Video Transport Stream (ts)
● ASF (asf, asx)
● 3GPP (3gp, 3g2, 3gp2, 3gpp, 3p2)
● AVI (avi)
● Flash Video (flv)
● MP4 (m4v, mp4)
● QuickTime Movie (mov)
● Windows Media (wmv)

DRM protected files, such as earlier versions of music or videos purchased from iTunes cannot be streamed by ZumoCast.

What files wouldn't work?

GBH2

Reaction score
I was able to add as many drives as I wanted (5 separate hard drives, 1 TB each) by doing it the same way ).

There are two solutions.

1) Remove all Library folders (the defaults), since you can't stream 1 folder in addition to its parent directory as 2 folders. Only the parent directory.
2) Share any drive over a home network as a folder and add the folder (Drive) into Zumocast via your network.

As for file types...

What files wouldn't work?

It is working great with my internal hard drive and an external direct attached hard drive, mp3, avi, mkv, everything. I have accessed files and streamed music, TV shows and Movies and it is just too amazing and fun. :) I am still having problems with my NAS(unraid) I actually got a couple of songs to play but mostly get errors and now it seems to be causing me to lose the network connection between my windows desktop and my NAS.

But you have been very helpful and Zumocast works amazing and I love it - I just need to take some time to figure out my server issues. I don"t consider it a Zumocast problem at this point - I don't think my Server likes being accessed remotely :)

Thanks again!

Edit: Okay I think I've got it. Instead of adding the Network share, I mapped one of the drives in the server and added the mapped drive as a folder and I just streamed some video over 4G without a glitch.

Zumocast is a total Blast. It is like having a phone with 10 Terabytes of storage. :)

rescue940

Reaction score
i can not get zumocast to download to ethier of my pc,it said can not install may cause harm to your computer and dose not have the option to install.

Reaction score
Anyone know how to change the android download directory for zumocast? Keeps dropping all downloads in the internal phone memory

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
i can not get zumocast to download to ethier of my pc,it said can not install may cause harm to your computer and dose not have the option to install.

Sounds like you have some kind of antivirus blocking the install of the program