ZumoCast - Get Back Your Internal Storage Space!

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
If anyone else likes to use ZumoCast, but have found your phones internal storage dwindling, Zumocast may be your space hog! You can reclaim that storage space and use the SD-Card for all syncs and downloads.

I had synced 6,000 songs/videos/documents from my PC and found that this actually took up 1.2GB of space on my internal storage!!!! I was suprised that this much space was required to save sync data, although this same data accounts for nearly 30GB on my PC so not too bad in retrospect.

Simple Steps to Move ZumoCast synced/downloaded data to SD Card:

1. Under Settings-> Storage-> Windows Media Sync Storage Location, Choose SD Card instead of Internal Memory.

Using your choice of file viewer(Ex. Astro Manager)-
2. CREATE a New Folder called Download
3. Find /sdcard/Download/Zumocast
4. Select MOVE(not copy)
5. Find /sdcard-ext/Download
6. Select PASTE to this folder(it may take awhile depending on how large the folder is)

7. Open ZumoCast and you should still see your synced data(if not hit Refresh under Settings and/or verify you have used the correct path to paste folder)

Instructions for Bionic but should also apply to RAZR MotoCast, please post if this works for you and save other Casters some valuable storage!!!

NICE SIDE EFFECT?: This may reduce the size of any app backups you make via Tibu and the like! Not sure if this data is part of the backup process, looks like it to me. Maybe someone can verify this also.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
heh, you think it sucks up space on your phone? It's a huge memory leak and resource hog on your PC. So much so i just stopped using it. I dont watch videos nearly enough on my bionic to warrant the issues that app has. Music, Pics, and Docs are all synced through other resource friendly methods.

OP
2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
That is why I only run Zumocast when I am leaving home, it remains inactive otherwise and is not part of my start-up programs. As an I.T. Director I have to closely follow resources being used, I find Zumocast to be the best for my needs to view, edit and print files contained at home and backed-up on a network attached storage. No cloud storage for this guy.

jkaruna

Reaction score
speaking of Zumo Cast. Last night i was trying to move a file from my Desktop to my phone. I thought i downloaded it, but it is not on my phone.. and when i got home it was missing from my desktop. I was trying to figure out what the heck happened. Is there anyway that i can recover this item and if so where do i start? Im pretty tech savvie but this has kinda stumped me (not to mention im freaking out cause i REALLY need this file)

Thanks

OP
2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
With ZumoCast, you can upload or view files on your PC, you can't MOVE technically as your original file remains unchanged. From your phone you can select individual files for upload and off-line viewing but I have never had a file that I uploaded dissapear. It would have to still be on your PC, at least in your trash if you haven't emptied your trash bin since file went missing. I would perform a file search within your PC and see what turns up.