zumocast and motocast unsupported for bionic

vdubnut

Reaction score
I previously upgraded to JB OTA and thigs were working ok but a little buggy...even my zumocast was working. I decided to do a FDR and cleanup the JB install to help with some weird problems i was having. Now Zumocast isnt available for my device. i assume that the upgraded version of zumocast is non compatible with the bionic but the previous version was and worked fine. Any chance i could get the previous version so i could still use it? Is there another app that works well to perfom the same function?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't use Motocast and haven't done an FDR so I still have Zumacast.

You might try Drop Desktop. I got it when it was an Amazon FAOTD. It didn't work for me (kept saying I was offline) but it might work for you.

Last edited:
OP
V

vdubnut

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, i'll check out drop desktop and see what its like. its just annoying that something functional was taken away. weird thing about my zumocast, when i did the FDR the zumocast icon was still on my home screen, but when i selected it, i got the message that the application wasnt installed. sure enough, just the desktop icon was there...no program in the "all applications" view.

tedankel

Reaction score
Now that it's mentioned, to look closer there are now some empty spaces where app icons used to be before switch to JB...If it took this long to notice the apps must not have been regularly employed, but still...

OP
V

vdubnut

Reaction score
Update zumocast? After it said it was uninstalled, I went to the zumocast website and it says it's not currently supported on android. Wtf.

OP
V

vdubnut

Reaction score
I assume you upgraded to jb ota without an fdr... Mine worked too on jb until I did an fdr and then went to reinstall it.

OP
V

vdubnut

Reaction score
Yeah I wondered that too. I assume if I could find a previous version I think it would work

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
To the OP, I apologize, I meant Jump Desktop. The free version supports one computer while the paid version ($4.99) handles more.

Other apps like it are Remote Desktop Client ($14.95) and Remote Web Desktop ($3.99)

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I assume you upgraded to jb ota without an fdr... Mine worked too on jb until I did an fdr and then went to reinstall it.

I actually had to fxz .246 before I could take the ota. I would try that, assuming you can fxz from JB back to ICS, which you probably can't.

OP
V

vdubnut

Reaction score
I'd actually like to go back to ics if I could... My bionic has been more buggy and more laggy since moving to jb and I'm not sure what real benefit I've gotten.