Zumo Cast

AZDroid09

Reaction score
I have full bars of 3g, my wi-fi is not super fast so I can accept that being the cause of choppy video.

But since I am using the same devices and data connections and streaming music is much faster with audiogalaxy(shorter pauses/loading between songs and faster cover art loading) than it is with zumocast, I deduct that the zumocast app does not perform as well as audiogalaxy. This is simply my experience.

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
I think it might have to do with your home internet speed. I had forgotten my ipod when I went to work today, so I decided to use Zumocast. I already had it all set up, so I thought 'what the hell, I'll run it'.

I had so much buffering that the app was barely usable. I threw on Pandora and had perfect streaming with no buffering. That leaves 2 options, either the app is crap or the home internet connection is the issue. And since people are posting that they're not buffering, that means it's probably the home internet and not the app.

davishusband

Reaction score
sounds like your home network possibly

It's either your computer, your network, or a combination of both. We use roku box at the house and the kids use pandora on it more than netflix for anything else. I love me some david hasselhoff, :D

Bionic

Reaction score
I think it might have to do with your home internet speed. I had forgotten my ipod when I went to work today, so I decided to use Zumocast. I already had it all set up, so I thought 'what the hell, I'll run it'.

I had so much buffering that the app was barely usable. I threw on Pandora and had perfect streaming with no buffering. That leaves 2 options, either the app is crap or the home internet connection is the issue. And since people are posting that they're not buffering, that means it's probably the home internet and not the app.

It may be a jitter issue. Try a ping test from your PC-host and see how it does on jitter. I have FiOS 25/25 and I get around the same throughput speed whether I'm on my LAN-connected PC, or on my WiFi-connected laptop, but on my PC I have almost no jitter, and on my laptop I have quite a bit. And that's with a pretty new 300mbps 802.11n WiFi router.

Anyway, too much jitter causes issues with streaming, VoIP, and things of that nature.

Reaction score
Not sure why, but I cannot get Zumocast to go at all. Evry time I try to sign up I get back "Sign up failed. Please try again." Anyone got ideas??

I know this post is old, but I had the same issue, so I just downloaded zumocast on my home computer and signed up from the site directly. Works perfectly

sent from Rooted Droid 3 using Droid Forums

REMilk

Reaction score
are you using your computer while streaming to your phone? that seems to be a bit counterintuitive. The point of streaming to your phone is that you're away from your computer.

I think that if you have one of the self-contained networked hard drive, your home PC does not have to be on to stream. This hard drive is visible and accessible even when the PC is turned off.

Last edited:

finely

Reaction score
ZumoCast alternative

Someone mentioned Polkast from www.polkast.com above. They don't have streaming yet but I really like their app and a real contender to ZumoCast. One extra benefit from Polkast is offline viewing is possible since your files are cached once you view them. Hope this helps anyone wanting to try an alternative way to access content from your PC directly.