ZOMGWTFBBQ! Tired of Android leaks, how about a Sapphire leak -cvpcs/sniffle stay out

undroid

Reaction score
I know the kernels in Index of /sapphire/froyo/0.8.4/kernels.testing are still in testing. I would like say that it has an issue connecting to my wireless network. It's an SMC2555W-AG2. Chevyno1's kernel works on this AP so I figured sapphire's kernel will work too since they are probably using the same wireless drivers.

brochaos

Reaction score
why does the OP state that you still need the 0.8.4blackbar file in order to use the 0.9.5 framework-res?

A very good question. I don't know what the hell he was thinking.

<quietly goes up and edits the post>

hehe thanks wingdo. i was confused for a minute there =)

btw, if anyone is wondering, google goggles does NOT work on this build. it does work on the stock frg01 though...

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
why does the OP state that you still need the 0.8.4blackbar file in order to use the 0.9.5 framework-res?

btw, if anyone is wondering, google goggles does NOT work on this build. it does work on the stock frg01 though...

didn't work on 0.8.4 either - it's a known issue.

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score

Actually now I remember why I had he original link as well. GMail, GTalk and MMS are themed in the official Black Bar Mod build.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

Actually now I remember why I had he original link as well. GMail, GTalk and MMS are themed in the official Black Bar Mod build.

I didn't include those out of a.) laziness and b.) the fact that of the three I only use Gmail. :)

AuroEdge

Reaction score
Auto-brightness is not working for me. If the display ramps up due to a well lit environment it will not dim until the phone is put to sleep. I've tried messing with the auto-brightness minimum in gem settings but it has no effect.

And based off of the changelog do the performance options in gem settings (i.e. governor, min/max speeds, etc) not work properly in 0.9.5?

Last edited:

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Auto-brightness is not working for me. If the display ramps up due to a well lit environment it will not dim until the phone is put to sleep. I've tried messing with the auto-brightness minimum in gem settings but it has no effect.

And based off of the changelog do the performance options in gem settings (i.e. governor, min/max speeds, etc) not work properly in 0.9.5?

It hasn't been enabled yet. Something about the bootup script. Ask cvpcs next time he is in the irc.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

GodfatherIP

Reaction score

I have the same problem with auto-brightness. It will start dim if I wake it from sleep in a dark room and it will get bright if I move into a well lit room but then it will not get dark again if you move to a dark room or cover the sensor. It seems to work from sleep but while awake it can only get brighter. Have you posted on bugzilla? If not I can go on there and post it up so cvpcs can fix it before the official 1.0 release.

Fultz33

Reaction score
I am having problems with compcache via terminal emulator and the GEM Settings. When in the emulator and I type su then compcache on, I get an error that reads: "Loading ramzswap module ... modprobe: chdir(/lib/modules): No such file or directory FAIL."

What could be the problem? I am using a sapphire made kernel that cvpcs posted a link to on his twitter account. I also tried a p3 kernel and that still did not work.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am having problems with compcache via terminal emulator and the GEM Settings. When in the emulator and I type su then compcache on, I get an error that reads: "Loading ramzswap module ... modprobe: chdir(/lib/modules): No such file or directory FAIL."

What could be the problem? I am using a sapphire made kernel that cvpcs posted a link to on his twitter account. I also tried a p3 kernel and that still did not work.

Just go into the gem settings and enable persistent compcache. That way it is there, even after reboots.

Fultz33

Reaction score
I click that setting on and after a reboot or even immediately, in the emulator when i type su compcache stats, i get a message that says: "Compcache does not appear to be enabled." This used to work, but all of the sudden it doesnt want to at all.

Fultz33

Reaction score
the ramzswap flash didnt work, i tried it many times before. i ended up reinstalling the rom by wiping the boot/system/cache partitions and redownloading all of the files. works fine now

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
the ramzswap flash didnt work, i tried it many times before. i ended up reinstalling the rom by wiping the boot/system/cache partitions and redownloading all of the files. works fine now

There was a bug in gemsettings where values are getting set to what they were prior to clicking them instead of the new value. I.e.:

Compcache is not checked + you click = compcache will be set to disabled and the checkbox is clicked
Compcache is checked + you click = compcache will be set to enabled and the checkbox is not checked.

If you want to verify this behavior, simply try clicking compcache once and leave gem settings, when you come back you will notice compcache is still at its initial value. If you click twice then come back, you will notice it savedonly one toggle.

This is obviously undesireable but is similar behavior for the rest of the app too. Specifically checkboxes and listboxes. If you want to verify what values you have stored for settings, leave the app and come back.

All of this functionality has already been fixed in the source tree, so don't worry about this problem in the official release