Zenulator throws in the towel???

yhwhsozo

Reaction score
I follow Zenulator on Twitter and read a tweet from him that he will no longer be making ROMs. His Twitter account has been removed. Does anyone know what happened?

This MUI has become my favorite ROM. I have tried the other new updates with other ROMs out there, but I always come back to this one. I would hate to see this project just get dropped. There is no other ROM out there like this.

Reaction score
<p>It seems like the project is falling apart. The last couple of updates have been rough on Team D1-Miui and now Zenulator has dropped out. It might be time to look at other ROM options. I do really like Miui though.</p>

Last edited:

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
oh well.....somehow it really doesnt surprise me. He didnt really seem to "care" so to speak. M1 was the spokesperson to the people who used MIUI. I dont think he will really let it go that easily. Time will tell though. Plus the Droid is on its way out I think. Most people will be upgrading in the upcoming months.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
M1 Does hold it down and am hoping he can come thru w/it for DX though cuz I've stepped it up a notch (Am sure others will too) and MIUI was def top 3 roms for me during my D1 days.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
oh well.....somehow it really doesnt surprise me. He didnt really seem to "care" so to speak. M1 was the spokesperson to the people who used MIUI. I dont think he will really let it go that easily. Time will tell though. Plus the Droid is on its way out I think. Most people will be upgrading in the upcoming months.

MTD, I am not aware of your own personal experience or lack there of w/ZEN, but Please try to refrain from the Personal attack on anyone( He didnt really seem to "care" so to speak.) as we have no clue why they make their own decision. Zen is/was (not sure which one is current) a dev and I have no experience in that kind of a skill but am sure it's very difficult and stressful. Especially when all the work is being done out of "Voluntary" status. With that said, I do wish Zen the best in whatever he chooses to do and thank him for his efforts w/MIUI.

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
Civic,

Sorry I did not mean at all to come off like that. I meant nothing by it. Just that he seemed kinda short with people sometimes. I have the utmost respect for the contributions he made to the Android community. I could have put that another way and I apologize. I know they spend hours upon hours putting out roms for our use.

Im sure you have seen me post. Im a peace keeper :)

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Civic,

Sorry I did not mean at all to come off like that. I meant nothing by it. Just that he seemed kinda short with people sometimes. I have the utmost respect for the contributions he made to the Android community. I could have put that another way and I apologize. I know they spend hours upon hours putting out roms for our use.

Im sure you have seen me post. Im a peace keeper :)

I am almost certain that you meant no harm but sometimes people take things to heart and the community ends up losing focus on the task at hand (Helping one another "when possible"). Sometimes the effort is not what we'd like but negativity will never resolve the issue and in fact, prolong it if anything. Happy Modding MTD:)

o Fi1thy

Reaction score

jev

Reaction score
It's not a personal attack to make an observance about someones attitude toward other members. I also noticed his shortness and lackadaisical attitude toward members and their questions. I'm not saying I'd be any better, but I did think the same thing about some of his posts. This isn't a personal attack, just one mans opinion.

Last edited:

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
If this is true, there are still two other people that actively work on MIUI. So there is no need to get concerned about it. The reason the updates haven't been coming is because the ports have gotten a lot more complicated. I have updated 6.4 and will release it tonight. I would tell you guys that development stopped if it has, but the truth is that it hasn't. Jamezelle is working hard on getting the milestone version ported to the DROID. That's a whole new port and will take more time but if he's sucessful it will be a much more solid base for us to work with. MIUI is still an alpha rom at it's root and should be treated as such. Every single one of MIUI's files are likely to change release to release. You will never see that with a "stock" rom or even most ASOP roms.

onsht1kll

Reaction score
If this is true, there are still two other people that actively work on MIUI. So there is no need to get concerned about it. The reason the updates haven't been coming is because the ports have gotten a lot more complicated. I have updated 6.4 and will release it tonight. I would tell you guys that development stopped if it has, but the truth is that it hasn't. Jamezelle is working hard on getting the milestone version ported to the DROID. That's a whole new port and will take more time but if he's sucessful it will be a much more solid base for us to work with. MIUI is still an alpha rom at it's root and should be treated as such. Every single one of MIUI's files are likely to change release to release. You will never see that with a "stock" rom or even most ASOP roms.

Awesome! Good to know! Thank you for all your hard work you put into this ROM!

D1-MIUI ROM with Blue Steel theme
Slayher 1.2 GHz kernal
1st quadrant - 1568
2nd quadrant - 1695

Sent from a Droid .. where no Droid has gone before ..

rob22202

Reaction score
Personally, I'm grateful for any of the dev's personal time that is put into working on ROMs for us. If they decide that friends/family/work or whatever needs more priority than their altruistic hobby, more power to them.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
People don't fear MO is here. Damn no dancing banana with this app. Oh well. Banana for you MO

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bstealthy

Reaction score
Oh that's good news. I was worried myself that development may have come to a halt for MIUI. I'm glad to hear that Metick and Jamazelle are still working on pushing releases for it. Since I am no dev I'm at that mercy of all your contributions and your work is much appreciated