Zedge Ringtones, File Manager and Amazon Cloud Player Problem

PowrDroid

Reaction score
OK, I'm a bit miffed. I downloaded some ringtones from Zedge. Using the stock File Manager I can see them on my Maxx HD's internal storage. If I tap on the filename to play the ringtone, Amazon Cloudplayer pops up and shows all the music files on my SD card. No Zedge ringtones can be found. If I back out of the file manager and try accessing it again, for the purpose of finding ANY file on EITHER my SD card or the internal storage I get sent to Amazon Cloudplayer. I then have to use the back button to get back to the file manager icon in the App drawer. Same thing happens if I try to play audio files on my SD card. Amazon Cloud Player pops up.

If I connect my phone to my PC and navigate to the Zedge ringtones on internal storage and click on them they play as per usual. If I use my PC to play audio files on the SD card they play as usual.

Why does my phone default to Amazon Cloud Player when I tap on an audio file in File Manager? Why the heck doesn't my phone simply play the freakin' audio file? Annoyances 'R Us.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I don't have the phone but have you tried to find amazon cloud in manage apps and clear defaults?

《Take Note2 BK's here..》