Zeam App Beta testers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeam

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for taking the time to check out this app. You guys are a big help and apart of a community to help us get better apps for our phones. When I opened this thread I did so expecting the dev to participate.
As of right now he has been too busy to open an account and thank the people trying to help him with his product. So until the dev make the effort to participate I feel that this should be closed. If you guys want to gmail the dev your ideas his info is on his app.
This is in no way meant to be negative toward the dev or his product. I just feel it makes no sense posting ideas to improve the app if the dev do not have the time to look at it.
Again thanks to you guys for helping, and I apologize for wasting your time.

With that said I am asking the mods to close this until the dev makes an effort to participate.

lol :icon_eek:

okay sorry for the delay in participating, ive been quite busy and havent had a chance to sign up here. thanks everyone for all the help on finding issues, it really does help me alot. and great to see the positive feedback as well.

SpykeZ

Reaction score
I like the speed of this home app vs the other ones but as it becomes bigger it'll prob slow down right? you should allow the option of customizing it through settings on how you want home to act, what buttons you want on the interface etc etc.

Oh and also I discovered when people sent me images through sms last night they wouldn't open up, the screen just stayed black. Went back to stock home and it worked just fine.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for taking the time to check out this app. You guys are a big help and apart of a community to help us get better apps for our phones. When I opened this thread I did so expecting the dev to participate.
As of right now he has been too busy to open an account and thank the people trying to help him with his product. So until the dev make the effort to participate I feel that this should be closed. If you guys want to gmail the dev your ideas his info is on his app.
This is in no way meant to be negative toward the dev or his product. I just feel it makes no sense posting ideas to improve the app if the dev do not have the time to look at it.
Again thanks to you guys for helping, and I apologize for wasting your time.

With that said I am asking the mods to close this until the dev makes an effort to participate.

lol :icon_eek:

okay sorry for the delay in participating, ive been quite busy and havent had a chance to sign up here. thanks everyone for all the help on finding issues, it really does help me alot. and great to see the positive feedback as well.

zeam thanks for responding. As you can see you have people who would like to see your work and what you going to do with the app.

hebertm1

Reaction score
I have Stock 2.1 - Update 1 (Rooted) I Cannot seem to get the Live Wallpapers to work. Tried several Wallpapers and several Live wallpapers, Standard wallpapers work great bu cannot go live at all.
Have not had any Force Close yet but that may be because I am running Stock.

Last edited:

th9203

Reaction score
RUnning stock non-rooted 2.1. Loaded zeam early yesterday and have played with it some. Had a zeam FC last night when I put the phone to bed in it's multiimedia charger. Using Home Switcher to switch it in and out with Helix. Set it up with 9 screens (why waste the talent?) and have started to load in some of my basic widgets and shortcuts. News/Weather, Mini-info, analog clock, settings. Will continue to add and play as time and interest permit.

(off topic, how to tell Helix version? App Info says V9)

th9203

Reaction score
Just went off to another thread and put the Droid down for a minute. When I came back, "zeam" was just gone. No FC, no reboot, sorry but I have no idea what happened to make it go away.

(Edit) - Went into Apps Organizer to play Real Blackjack. When I closed the game my home app had switched back to Helix. Note - "zeam" is NOT my default home app so this is probably a red herring.

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have Stock 2.1 - Update 1 (Rooted) I Cannot seem to get the Live Wallpapers to work. Tried several Wallpapers and several Live wallpapers, Standard wallpapers work great bu cannot go live at all.
Have not had any Force Close yet but that may be because I am running Stock.

Yeah; the dev have not implemented live wall papers yet. Other then when using automatic task killer/ auto killer, the other thing that drives the app nut is to turn it off. Open the keyboard, then unlock the the screen.

When you get f/c try to note what you were doing that caused f/cs. This will help to detect a pattern. If 9/10 f/cs were a result of task killers, for example, then we know that task killers are a big reason for f/cs.

Advent Marine

Reaction score
Just downloaded from the marketplace Via Moto Droid. So far so good! I'll let you know if I find anything screwy.

Rogziel

Reaction score
Device: Droid
ROM: Bugless Beast 1.0 with NexTheme running BeKit 1200mhz

I liked the fact its really smooth the only problems I found that it has widget problems and the landscape. That's all I have seen right now, ill get back to you if I find anything else.

zeam

Reaction score
Yeah; the dev have not implemented live wall papers yet. Other then when using automatic task killer/ auto killer, the other thing that drives the app nut is to turn it off. Open the keyboard, then unlock the the screen.

When you get f/c try to note what you were doing that caused f/cs. This will help to detect a pattern. If 9/10 f/cs were a result of task killers, for example, then we know that task killers are a big reason for f/cs.

i was able to get some stacktraces of force closing that was happening on zeam. it seems somehow the db was getting corrupted and then it couldnt open the db on startup. so it would carry on trying to start up if it is set as the default home. i put a workaround in 1.2.4 for the fc issue, but so far it seems that mostly cupcake devices are affected. i found some issues logged with google, even read somewhere some guys saying the copy-protect on market could cause a corrupt db. lol no idea. if anyone has any more FC issues please post them here and what you were running / doing at the time.

Device: Droid
ROM: Bugless Beast 1.0 with NexTheme running BeKit 1200mhz

I liked the fact its really smooth the only problems I found that it has widget problems and the landscape. That's all I have seen right now, ill get back to you if I find anything else.

thanks! fixed a couple widget issues in 1.2.4, check it out and let me know.

Slipstream

Reaction score
My widget issues seem to be related to Facebook and the News widget. Neither work, but it seems like most others will load without a problem.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just installed the update. I like the option to switch to fullscreen mode. it is quick as usual. Still have the f/c with the droid when you open the keyboard, but think that will go away when you get it to work in both landscape and portrait mode.
I am definitely awaiting lwp for it.

SpykeZ

Reaction score
Force close when I wen to quick reply on handscent and pulled out the keyboard, phone was sleeping and pulled out keyboard andforceclose, seems from other people too that pullin iut keyboard causes fc

SpykeZ

Reaction score
Hey great job on the landscape mode update. Only one problem so far after the update. Everytime I hit home I get taken back to the stock home and it never asks me ifni would like to home zeam or home stock and I can't figure out how to get itto set to zeam on the home buttono

Status
Not open for further replies.