1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Zeam App Beta testers needed

Discussion in 'Android App Developers' started by pc747, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

We would like some beta testers to help the dev of zeam locate any issues with the app to help improve and make it better for the users
    Here is the criteria for testers:

1) Need to know your droid or droid incredible, if you are new to the droid or do not know the o.s. then you will not be much help.

2) Do not need to be rooted but would like a good mix of rooted and unrooted testers.

3) Able to detect or have an idea of what caused the f/c. Is it an app, task killer, etc.

We would like to provide the developer with some good data. He does not have a moto droid (he has a desire) so I felt this would be a good place to get knowledgeable droid owners to test and provide good feedback of any issues.

I have played with it for a day and have noticed an issue with auto killer. But it could be something I have set wrong. Having more testers help to rid out outliers and get good info to the dev.

Thanks.

P.s. Hookbill is aware of this thread please do not close.
    Last edited: May 5, 2010
  2. pc747

Install zeam from the market (its free) and just use it as normal. If you notice any f/cs or things that needs improvement post feedback here. We already know that it does not support lwp or work in portrait mode, the dev is working on that for the next updates.
  3. pc747

4. gardobus

gardobus New Member

Device: Motorola Droid
    ROM: CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2 w/ CleanLooks theme & Bekit 1ghz Kernel

I installed Zeam yesterday and so far haven't noticed any issues. I do wish that it would go into landscape and that you could set any app to the Left/Right buttons. Other than that, it seems to be working great and running smooth.
  5. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

Device: Droid
    ROM: 2.1 rooted OC'd w/Chevyno1's 7-slot med voltage 1.2ghz kernel.

Zeam with 5 screens, animation set to scale.

No fc's but does lag when using SetCPU active widget. Will try using another active widget to see if its due to the active aspect or just SetCPU.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. jstafford1

FC when answering Handcent popup in landscape. Popup won't go into landscape, due to Zeam restriction, so once landscape is working with Zeam should be fixed.

+1 for being able to customize buttons, or at least have browser option.

7. ValkF6

ValkF6 New Member

Wife and I have been using Zeam since yesterday, both of us running non-rooted standard software. Only issue so far was one FC on landscape mode. We're both happy with the application, it simply adds more home screens. The phone icon at the bottom is nice too, it almost reminds me that this device is a phone.

... Tom
  8. lockman

lockman New Member

Just downloaded. Looks good. Will post findings as they come up.
  9. Slipstream

Slipstream New Member

Device: Droid
    ROM: Bugless Beast 1.0 with NexTheme, OC w/ BeKit 800mhz

Pros:

-Ultra snappy! One of the fastest I've tried.
    -Matches the NexTheme notification bar really well.
    -Easy to use.

Cons:

-Seems to limit me on the number of widgets I can use. I placed half a dozen on five screens, but any after that cause the app to FC or the widget simply doesn't work (Error Loading Widget message shows immediately).

-Sizing issues with Beautiful Widgets. The numbers on the clock don't align with the background correctly so everything looks skewed.

-Numerous FC loops, although they eventually stop when I stop trying to add widgets. Shortcuts seem to be okay.

-Needs more customization on the right / left buttons. Email, SMS, Browser, etc would be great links.

With some work, I think this could be a GREAT home replacement!
  10. jstafford1

Noticed phone started running hotter than normal as well.

11. xxwabbit

xxwabbit Member

Stock 2.1 nonroot. MotoDroid. So far my only issue is I can't change font colors in CalWidget.
  12. mac6324

mac6324 New Member

Installed the latest version from the Market, HOLY COW my phone flies now. Uninstalled Helix2 for good. No issues for me at all.

Ok, just a few... didn't see that BetterCut didn't work, just a minor inconvenience. When exiting the Google Voice app I have to hit the back button twice, didn't have to before. Will watch battery use and temp also. Still runs buttery smooth.
    Last edited: May 7, 2010
  13. SpykeZ

SpykeZ New Member

Oh my, this is by far the best home app I've found yet, the buttons at the bottom were a great touch.

Device: Moto Droid / unrooted 2.1.

Pros:
    -Very snappy, quicker than the original home, even the apps list was quicker.
    -Nice touch with the buttons at the bottom but the "screen viewer" is sorta useless since it's quicker to just scroll from one screen to the other.

Cons:
    -Seems to have issues with widgets at first? They seem to be working fine now after about half an hour.

It'll be my home replacement once it's done and has landscape mode :) Hats off to the devs

Bugs/issues: Doesn't seem to like widgets. Pandora widget won't display the buttons. Snow storm (weather app) widget won't load. Handcent sms widget won't do anything. I tried about 6 other widgets as well and none would work. [edit] after about 30 minutes my widgets started to work..odd lol.
  14. gotta have that funk

gotta have that funk New Member

didnt use it enough to get a fc or anything, only tried it for a couple minutes but can see some potential..i doubt it'll stay as quick and smooth as they add features, but i think it can be a real challenger to the other homes.

my only suggestion is to allow any app on the sides, just keep it categorized under messaging/email etc. so you can keep it simple and use the plain white icons on the launcher.
  15. pc747

the dev did show up and am glad to have him apart of this community. The app has a lot of potential.
    Last edited: May 8, 2010
  16. zeam

zeam New Member

lol :icon_eek:

okay sorry for the delay in participating, ive been quite busy and havent had a chance to sign up here. thanks everyone for all the help on finding issues, it really does help me alot. and great to see the positive feedback as well.
  17. SpykeZ

SpykeZ New Member

I like the speed of this home app vs the other ones but as it becomes bigger it'll prob slow down right? you should allow the option of customizing it through settings on how you want home to act, what buttons you want on the interface etc etc.

Oh and also I discovered when people sent me images through sms last night they wouldn't open up, the screen just stayed black. Went back to stock home and it worked just fine.
  18. pc747

zeam thanks for responding. As you can see you have people who would like to see your work and what you going to do with the app.
  19. hebertm1

hebertm1 New Member

I have Stock 2.1 - Update 1 (Rooted) I Cannot seem to get the Live Wallpapers to work. Tried several Wallpapers and several Live wallpapers, Standard wallpapers work great bu cannot go live at all.
    Have not had any Force Close yet but that may be because I am running Stock.
    Last edited: May 9, 2010
  20. th9203

th9203 New Member

RUnning stock non-rooted 2.1. Loaded zeam early yesterday and have played with it some. Had a zeam FC last night when I put the phone to bed in it's multiimedia charger. Using Home Switcher to switch it in and out with Helix. Set it up with 9 screens (why waste the talent?) and have started to load in some of my basic widgets and shortcuts. News/Weather, Mini-info, analog clock, settings. Will continue to add and play as time and interest permit.

(off topic, how to tell Helix version? App Info says V9)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.