zagg skin review

smcdo123

Reaction score
I ordered my zaggskin for the moto droid last thursday and got it today which isnt bad since i made a custom one. This is my first video review like ever so dont be harsh on me lol. I got it for 10 bucks plus shipping so i figured i would give it a try. I got a 50% off coupon by entering for a ipad giveaway on zaggs site. Anyway heres the video.

Also you can tell i dont work for zagg cause I am 19 years old lol :)

Pros: it is very easy to install.
Does not leave stickyness.
You can reuse it.
If you dont like it you have 45 days to return it.
It seems like it will protect from a light drop and wear and tear.
there are more but those are some for now.

Cons: There really arent any.
I just wish they made a decal for around the screen like some other manufactures have but i like the way it flows.

[video=youtube;PUVvDmxqSmA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUVvDmxqSmA]YouTube - Zagg Skin for Motorola droid[/video]

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
pretty cool, didn't even know they made designs.

I had the full body shield but ended up taking everything off except for the screen protector. The corners peel easily, so be careful when you pocket it.

Tojus

Reaction score
Those zagg skins are the worst investment I've ever made. I had them refund my money. The several versions I received we all off color and gave a horrible feeling to the phone imo.

OP
smcdo123

smcdo123

Reaction score
pretty cool, didn't even know they made designs.

I had the full body shield but ended up taking everything off except for the screen protector. The corners peel easily, so be careful when you pocket it.

Ya you can make your own or pick from some they have. Yes i found that out with my voyager when i had that. After like a month there was lint on it but you do not need to spray this skin on it is pretty hard to get off even in the crners and i think that is why they left the corners with a gap like i said in video. Im pleased though nothing more than i was expecting nothing less either

OP
smcdo123

smcdo123

Reaction score
Those zagg skins are the worst investment I've ever made. I had them refund my money. The several versions I received we all off color and gave a horrible feeling to the phone imo.

Ya my black is a little off but i dont really care it was 10 bucks. If it was full price i would have maybe made a little comment to them about it.

Big Cam

Reaction score
I have their invisible shiled and I freakin love it. I love the feel and if you happend to hit it with something, it like heals itself over time.

I will always have one of these on all my future touchscreen products.

I'm waiting for a 50% off to get some of their headphones, by best so far is 40%.

OP
smcdo123

smcdo123

Reaction score
I have their invisible shiled and I freakin love it. I love the feel and if you happend to hit it with something, it like heals itself over time.

I'm waiting for a 50% off to get some of their headphones, by best so far is 40%.

yeah i like it typically when people dont like them it is user error. I messed up my voyager shield yet that was the fact that there were pieces as big as the home key on the droid to as big as the screen. But yeah if i get another 50% off coupon ill PM you with it man

Big Cam

Reaction score

yeah i like it typically when people dont like them it is user error. I messed up my voyager shield yet that was the fact that there were pieces as big as the home key on the droid to as big as the screen. But yeah if i get another 50% off coupon ill PM you with it man
PM checked, time to buy some earbuds. Thank you!

OP
smcdo123

smcdo123

Reaction score

PM checked, time to buy some earbuds. Thank you!

No problem bro

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

That is a bold statement. Guess people not liking them couldn't have anything to do with the fact they they make the screen tacky and they discolor and stain. No that is all user error.

OP
smcdo123

smcdo123

Reaction score

That is a bold statement. Guess people not liking them couldn't have anything to do with the fact they they make the screen tacky and they discolor and stain. No that is all user error.

That is a bold statement. Yeah uh buddy i am actually talking about the installation process and having error in that like having the edges hang over cause the invisible shield to peel off some. I have never had my phone fade or leave tackiness maybe clean your phone when you are done? And maybe it was a manufacture problem that made it fade so yeah.

Beamrider

Reaction score
I bought the Zagg Invisible Shield within a few days of getting my Droid in November. I've had zero problems with it discoloring or peeling off.

My primary reason for using it wasn't screen protection. I like it because it seems to resist smudges better.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

That is a bold statement. Yeah uh buddy i am actually talking about the installation process and having error in that like having the edges hang over cause the invisible shield to peel off some. I have never had my phone fade or leave tackiness maybe clean your phone when you are done? And maybe it was a manufacture problem that made it fade so yeah.

I have tried Zagg on three different phones. Two with just screen and one full body. The full body was fine for a while but the corners did eventually start too peel off from normal use. Not installation error. As far as the screen the feel was always tacky on all three from the get-go. And two of them picked up permanent stains from who knows what. And one was actually had a yellowish tint when I took it off. And I am very anal about keeping my screen clean.

Hey if you like 'em no worries. I'm glad you found a product you like. Just not for me. Or a bunch of others as well.

OP
smcdo123

smcdo123

Reaction score

I have tried Zagg on three different phones. Two with just screen and one full body. The full body was fine for a while but the corners did eventually start too peel off from normal use. Not installation error. As far as the screen the feel was always tacky on all three from the get-go. And two of them picked up permanent stains from who knows what. And one was actually had a yellowish tint when I took it off. And I am very anal about keeping my screen clean.

Hey if you like 'em no worries. I'm glad you found a product you like. Just not for me. Or a bunch of others as well.
well that is why they offer free lifetime replacements. And pocketing the device to much peels corners off. only phone i have that that hasnt happened to is my iphone. Did you leave your phone off and sit for at least 24 hours after install

heskey627

Reaction score
I found a very new and different skin for my palm pre with the matching theme also, which gives me a professional looks.Highest Quality, Full Color, “Anti-Slip” Grip.

Palm pre skins