ZAGG invisibleSHIELD

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by ABRoark, May 24, 2010.

1. ABRoark

ABRoark New Member

Hopefully this has already been brought up.

I had this screen protector on my phone. It's pretty thick and gummy. It delays touch reaction. Another problem I had, is that it doesn't have the proper cutout for the face detection sensor. The phone would mute calls and hang up on me.

I don't recommend it.
  2. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

Sorry to hear that. I havent had any issues with it. My only gripe is the residue it leaves after a long period of time.
    Aside from that, its been good for me.
    I would like to find a non glare one now..
  3. msiple

msiple New Member

I agree as my cut out does not match exactly, but my phone has not had any performance issues caused by this. Maybe the die that they use to create the cut out needs adjusting.
  4. andyschumann

andyschumann New Member

really? never got any problems with it... other than the less than perfect fit...
  5. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

I got it, but was unable to install it without getting hair under it. When I tried to fix it, it flew out of my hands and fell to the floor. I gave up after that.
  6. andyschumann

andyschumann New Member

haha.. yes.. installing really sucks..
  7. WVOz1970

WVOz1970 New Member

Worst part of an InvisibleShield is the installation. I've not had any issues with mine. Maybe they've tweaked them over time? I can see the sensor right underneath the cutout in the shield and it looks like it fits correctly. I've had three of them on three different products with no problems other than peeling corners on my Omnia. Zagg replaced it under their lifetime warranty.
  8. kaboyd

kaboyd New Member

After having the invishield on my Droid I have one complaint. There are 8 dents on my screen protector that drive me nuts! I have contacted Best Buy where I bought and had it installed but they told me to call Zagg. I now\w have to go into Best Buy to have them track down the purchase date through my credit card number because I can't locate my receipt. Is it worth my trouble in doing this, or should I buy another product? Thanks, Kyle
  9. hemidroid

hemidroid New Member

I bought the Zagg when I got my Droid, could be the number one worst money ever spent in my life. POS IMO
  10. PhoneSter

PhoneSter New Member

hit or miss... i went to a few area best buys and (it's been awhile so don't quote me verbatim) approx - 6 different brand new zagg shields were opened in front of the store clerk in the mobile section and ALL were defective with wrinkles or lines built in. I gave up and have been shieldless since.. I had one before my replacement phone and it was fine, so... hit or miss
  11. CorCor67

CorCor67 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I had lots of orange peel on mine (orange peel is a saying for lumpy finish). Very sticky to use...wish inever bought it, I gave it a month but got fed up with it and peeled it off.
  12. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

I had mine installed at a Zagg kiosk in my local mall. Zero problems from day one.

When my fingers were moist, they would seem to drag on the screen a little bit. The rest of the time, I never knew it was on.

-Mike
  13. Anomander

Anomander New Member

I have had mine since about december and have had no problems with any sensors. The texture of it felt alittle weird at first, but that was because I never used a screen protector before.
  14. bad4u

bad4u New Member

For those who dont like the Invisa try phantom skinz. Im using it, no complaints.
  15. takeshi

takeshi New Member

I agree on the point on texture but never had the other issues with my Invisible Shield (currently using Steinheil Crystal).
  16. Nerf

Nerf Member

I dislike my shield (rubbery feeling, bulky), but it's also saved my screen plenty of times so I can't complain. Also, I've had my shield replaced twice due to burn-looking marks left from under the screen. The shield itself is free and they charge $7 at my local mall kiosk for the labor to install it for you.

BBY is full of ****! The shield has a lifetime warranty and it doesn't matter when you purchased it. They're just lazy, and I know this because I used to work there and witness this kind of behavior. Shove the lifetime warranty in their face and tell them you want a new one NOW. Get the General Manager (a GM!! *NOT* a Service or Customer manager) involved if you must, and they will do pretty much anything to keep you happy.
  17. kaboyd

kaboyd New Member

Thanks for the advice Nerf, I should have been more forceful in my first attempt. I will go back in with a chip and see if it helps. I agree, the people at BB seem to be least caring sobs in the world.
  18. Nerf

Nerf Member

NP and good luck to you. Just remind them that because they're an official retailer for ZAGG / Invisible Shield it doesn't matter where it was purchased, and they have to either replace it or replace AND service (install) it. Let us know how it goes!
  19. MYINCREDIBLE

MYINCREDIBLE New Member

since im getting the GH cover im returning the ones i got from verizon
Search tags for this page
dent in zagg
get rid of zagg orange peel

hair under invisibleshield

hair under zagg

hair under zagg shield
how do you get rid of dents on your screen
how to clean my zagg invisible shield of hair
how to fix a dent in your screen protector