Zagg Invisible Shield Screen Protector

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Just wondering who is using them and did you have any concern installing it since you have to use a water based solution? I installed one, however, you have to wonder if putting water on an electronic device is a good idea. Thoughts?

muldoonaz

Reaction score
Wow I feel dumb.

I just joined and the 2nd thread I look at, proves the shields aren't even necessary for the droid.

[video=youtube;eh2g7AIHdc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2g7AIHdc8[/video]

Last edited:

Magdroid

Reaction score
People have posted that they have gotten scratches. So I would recommend getting one for the fact that its 20$ to protect a 600$ device.

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
I have the full body shield and it caused my "water damage" dot to turn bright red - went to Best Buy and they notated my account for when some real damage happens.

As of now, I like having the glass covered, I am debating whether or not to take off the other pieces and just keep that one. I'll have to make a decision when I receive my battery cover replacement.

J-Buck

Reaction score
People have posted that they have gotten scratches. So I would recommend getting one for the fact that its 20$ to protect a 600$ device.

Yeh of course any screen can get scratches if enough force is exerted, but for casual use i think it will be ok. To each their own though. I usually like the screen protector just to know i have a extra lair of protection, but im going to pass on it for the droid

ldimick

Reaction score
I use one and i used them on my iphones. Way too expensive but they do work. Easy to put on. Just get the bubbles out as much as you can to start.

dodgemaniac

Reaction score
will the magnets and everything in the home dock work with the invisishield on?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got one, but ended up throwing it away. I never could put in on without hair or something stuck between the protector and the screen. I'd remove it, and the object, but more showed up. Even the applicator sponge started to add stuff. When it flipped out of my hand and landed on the floor, I just gave up. It might be good, but not for me.

J-Buck

Reaction score
best buy installs them for u if u get it there

OP
D

dieselpowered

Reaction score
THey should since they cost so much more to get them there than to just order them direct. Really surprised that Zagg is under-cutting a dealer.

reaper keeper

Reaction score
Zagg shields are good, I have used them for years on several devices but they are expensive. A great alternitive is best skins ever -> Motorola Droid Skin
and for $9.95 shipped you cant go wrong.
Installing either one, if you want it done without crap under the shield, takes time and patience. First, get some rubber gloves (or at the minimum wash your hands in HOT water right before you start) go into your bathroom, it has better light and you can use the shower to clear the air of any dust. Run the shower full HOT untill the air is all steemy, this will cause all the dust to settle so its not on your device. Make sure your phone is SPOTLESS before you start, your hands are clean (rubber gloves are reccomended) spray the SKIN not your phone with a soap water solution (one drop of liquid dishwashing soap to about 8 oz of water) now carfully apply the skin and slide it around untill its where you want it, use a lint free cloth to blot out the water, use a credit card to squeegy out the remaining water/air bubbles. Bottom line is take your time, you can peel this off if its not where you want it and re spray it and reapply it. once its on and where you want it, LET IT DRY OVER NIGHT!!!!!!
You are done, enjoy the Driod for what it is and not adding a bunch of bulk while still protecting it!!!:icon_ banana:

Last edited: