1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Zagg Invisible Shield Screen Protector

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by dieselpowered, Dec 7, 2009.

1. dieselpowered

dieselpowered New Member

Just wondering who is using them and did you have any concern installing it since you have to use a water based solution? I installed one, however, you have to wonder if putting water on an electronic device is a good idea. Thoughts?
  2. muldoonaz

muldoonaz New Member

Wow I feel dumb.

I just joined and the 2nd thread I look at, proves the shields aren't even necessary for the droid.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  3. Magdroid

Magdroid New Member

People have posted that they have gotten scratches. So I would recommend getting one for the fact that its 20$ to protect a 600$ device.
  4. jrocketdroid

jrocketdroid New Member

I have the full body shield and it caused my "water damage" dot to turn bright red - went to Best Buy and they notated my account for when some real damage happens.

As of now, I like having the glass covered, I am debating whether or not to take off the other pieces and just keep that one. I'll have to make a decision when I receive my battery cover replacement.
  5. J-Buck

J-Buck New Member

Yeh of course any screen can get scratches if enough force is exerted, but for casual use i think it will be ok. To each their own though. I usually like the screen protector just to know i have a extra lair of protection, but im going to pass on it for the droid
  6. ldimick

ldimick New Member

I use one and i used them on my iphones. Way too expensive but they do work. Easy to put on. Just get the bubbles out as much as you can to start.
  7. dodgemaniac

dodgemaniac New Member

will the magnets and everything in the home dock work with the invisishield on?
  8. ldimick

ldimick New Member

Yes, the dock works with them.
  9. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

I got one, but ended up throwing it away. I never could put in on without hair or something stuck between the protector and the screen. I'd remove it, and the object, but more showed up. Even the applicator sponge started to add stuff. When it flipped out of my hand and landed on the floor, I just gave up. It might be good, but not for me.
  10. J-Buck

J-Buck New Member

best buy installs them for u if u get it there
  11. dieselpowered

dieselpowered New Member

THey should since they cost so much more to get them there than to just order them direct. Really surprised that Zagg is under-cutting a dealer.
  12. reaper keeper

reaper keeper New Member

Zagg shields are good, I have used them for years on several devices but they are expensive. A great alternitive is best skins ever -> Motorola Droid Skin
    and for $9.95 shipped you cant go wrong.
    Installing either one, if you want it done without crap under the shield, takes time and patience. First, get some rubber gloves (or at the minimum wash your hands in HOT water right before you start) go into your bathroom, it has better light and you can use the shower to clear the air of any dust. Run the shower full HOT untill the air is all steemy, this will cause all the dust to settle so its not on your device. Make sure your phone is SPOTLESS before you start, your hands are clean (rubber gloves are reccomended) spray the SKIN not your phone with a soap water solution (one drop of liquid dishwashing soap to about 8 oz of water) now carfully apply the skin and slide it around untill its where you want it, use a lint free cloth to blot out the water, use a credit card to squeegy out the remaining water/air bubbles. Bottom line is take your time, you can peel this off if its not where you want it and re spray it and reapply it. once its on and where you want it, LET IT DRY OVER NIGHT!!!!!!
    You are done, enjoy the Driod for what it is and not adding a bunch of bulk while still protecting it!!!:icon_ banana:
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  13. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy New Member

I bought the ones from Invisible Protection for Your Device | Clear Protector . It went on ok, but has small gaps at the corners that bug me. I used the screen protector for a couple hours before taking it off and tossing it. I haven't used the Zagg ones, but I think for me, a Seidio Innocase and Holster is a better solution.
Search tags for this page
can installing zagg cause water damage
galaxy s4 damaged by zagg invisibleshield installation
should i use latex gloves when applying invisishield screen

v shield screen protector

v-shield screen protector instructions

v-shield screen protector review

zagg invishield cause water damage

zagg invisible shield water damage

zagg invisibleshield hot water
zagg invisibleshield water