Zagg invisible shield full body

jsandersp

Reaction score
hmm...

... just got my IS Full Body kit, but haven't applied yet. It seems to me this is an either you love it, or totally hate it type of product. I have always gone without protection and never minded the battle scars. I have also never owned a phone that I really love, or use this much. In fact, the only reason I haven't applied the shield is because of the cure time that is recommended. 12 hours without using?! Seperation anxiety comes to mind here. Any thoughts or experiences with cure times? It also seems to me most of the hate stems from faulty application. Well, we'll see.

jsandersp

Reaction score
Probably not my most thought out purchase

So I went ahead and installed the full body kit... about an hour later, I'm thinking my purchase was a little hasty. At one point, I was kind of laughing to myself because the whole thing seemed mildly ridiculous, what with all the thin strips and the necessary, surgeon like, precision you need. I cannot imagine that, after allowing the proper cure time, any thin or intricate pieces will stay on the phone. There's no way. The screen and back seem good. I like the grippy feel and do not think it will hinder the UI, though I love swype texting so we'll see. Haven't turned it on yet so not sure about losing crispness but I'd be surprised if some of the screen quality wasn't lost. I think I'll end up tearing it all off and going naked again. I feel like I just wasted my time and money in front of a slot machine. Oh well. You win some, you lose some. Time to research other options, or just wing it!

jsandersp

Reaction score
Last words and I'm done... promise.

I've let the shield cure for the recommended time and will say it looks a lot better. Any tiny bubbles I figured I'd have to live with (only on the back for me, screen came out perfectly) have already disappeared. My thin side pieces are very noticable when holding the phone (you can feel the edges) and I still think it is a matter of very little time before they peal up. After curing, though, the whole thing seems much more stable. I don't notice the shield on the screen when it is turned on unless I move the phone to catch reflections. Looking straight at the phone is fine. There is a very slight difference to the feel but I think I will easily get used to it. Swype is just as easy if not a little better for me. The slight stickiness keeps my fingers in check. Basically, if you do your research, the general comments about stickiness (not as sticky as I thought), orange peel look (only when catching reflections for me), and peeling over time (yeah, I can definitely see that happening) are things to consider. As far as installation, huge pain and definitely not for the faint of heart. Patience is key and be careful with the spray. You need to use a lot but watch out for running out. I literally used it all, down to the last spray. But more importantly, watch out for droplets spilling into ports which is easy to do while squeegeeing (I think the long cure time also allows everything to dry if it gets near the electronics. That's another reason I didn't turn it on for so long). In retrospect, I like the IS shield but would only get the screen and back covers. These were easy to install and seem very secure. The sides don't seem worth the trouble of installation and really don't seem like they offer a whole lot of protection anyway.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
12 hours without using?! Seperation anxiety comes to mind here. Any thoughts or experiences with cure times?
It really needs about 24 hours to fully dry. It's best to not touch it at all but I've used every device I've covered in an IS right away without any problems. If there's a lot of liquid under the IS it might slide so it is best to let it dry a bit until everything at least sticks on its own.

I cannot imagine that, after allowing the proper cure time, any thin or intricate pieces will stay on the phone. There's no way.
Sure there is. It really just depends on usage. Constant rubbing will cause any piece of the IS to begin to peel. Without constant rubbing, the pieces will remain in place longer. I'd expect an IS to last about a year or so. Generally, after that I've had to get them replaced under warranty. Of course, YMMV.

Last edited: