Z4root

destin246

Reaction score
Still doesn't say it but I'm rooted I got the root checker from the market and it says I am rooted

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Weird.
I'd get D2 Bootstrapper and Titanium Backup to get started and get you backed up.
**Don't delete any preinstalled apps**

Still doesn't say it but I'm rooted I got the root checker from the market and it says I am rooted

DroidForums Junkie!!

destin246

Reaction score
What does reboot into recovery mean? And what if I wanna unroot what do I do?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Rebooting into recovery is fundamental to hacking an Android phone. Please do some reading before you do something you can't recovery from and either have a $500 paperweight or a $90 co-pay to replace it. You rooted it so you just voided your warranty.

To reboot into recovery you press and hold X on the keyboard before powering the phone up and you hold X until you boot into recovery. With a Droid 2 you'll want Bootstrapper and ROM Manager to help at this point. And to unroot you either follow the instructions in my signature for rooting and unrooting the Droid 2 (it's included, trust me), or use the handy-dandy unroot button in z4root. If the unroot button STILL isn't showing then something weird is going on.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Agreed on everything but the ROM Manager part (respectively) :)

Rebooting into recovery is fundamental to hacking an Android phone. Please do some reading before you do something you can't recovery from and either have a $500 paperweight or a $90 co-pay to replace it. You rooted it so you just voided your warranty.

To reboot into recovery you press and hold X on the keyboard before powering the phone up and you hold X until you boot into recovery. With a Droid 2 you'll want Bootstrapper and ROM Manager to help at this point. And to unroot you either follow the instructions in my signature for rooting and unrooting the Droid 2 (it's included, trust me), or use the handy-dandy unroot button in z4root. If the unroot button STILL isn't showing then something weird is going on.

DroidForums Junkie!!

destin246

Reaction score
I jus bought it from the market

D

dankarlinski

The bootstrap allow you to boot into custom recovery, which allows you to flash roms

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.0)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Bootstrapper is to install Clockworkmod recovery and to boot into it for flashing files, making backups, etc.

DroidForums Junkie!!

destin246

Reaction score
I'm sorry but what does flashing roms mean? And I just downloaded a rom from rom manager now whatt do I do?

destin246

Reaction score
Should I backup my current rom and clear data and wipe cache?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you got it from ROM Manager, DEF make a backup!!

DroidForums Junkie!!

destin246

Reaction score
I downloaded a rom from rom manager how do i install it?