Z4root?

ChefBoyLp

Reaction score
Got my Dtoid X bout a week ago and was thinking about Rooting...Been reading up on it...Looked for Z4Root today and it wasn't there anymore in the Marketplace...Any body know what's up?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you may want to do some research on it first prior to installing. a lot of people have issues with it. there's plenty of other ways to safely root your phone...read this first. it should help you understand what you're doing to your phone so you can undo it when the time comes, and it will come...lol.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/99958-rooolers-guide-root-backup-roms-2-2-ota.html

The reason people had issues with it is because the dev for some reason put a "temporary" root selection. Now I don't know what the heck that is, but when I first got it you had one choice. Root. I did and it worked flawlessly.

The people having issues are selecting this temporary root thing.

OP
C

ChefBoyLp

Reaction score
So, once ur Rooted...What are some things you should not do?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, once ur Rooted...What are some things you should not do?

It hasn't helped anybody rob a bank to the best of my knowledge. So don't try that. :)

What you want to do is if you delete apps, keep a list of what you take out if you ever want to grab an update you'll need to reinstall. Many people simply change the extension of the .apk file so it doesn't show on their X anymore.

OP
C

ChefBoyLp

Reaction score
Thanks everybody...I think im gonna do it...After I read all the info I just got

chefb

Reaction score
Did you find the z4root? Hey nice name by the way.

OP
C

ChefBoyLp

Reaction score
Yup...someone posted the link for me