Z4root question...

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Even after all that it didn't even copy to tmp. I checked using root explorer. And no I didn't type su because it didn't say to.. They're doing it totally different, I use to move su,bb, and su file before executing ./rage.bin

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Could it be the terminal that I was using? Using the free one with 5 1/2 stars, the one above the TEPro.

Sent from my DROIDX 2.2.1, system version 2.3.340 that isn't rooted using Tapatalk

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
The best one is actually just named "terminal emulator".
I think I got that one. Did you root using this method? What were your steps?

Edit
I was using different one but tried yours and install was unsuccessful!
I was using the android terminal emulator

Sent from my DROIDX 2.2.1, system version 2.3.340 that isn't rooted using Tapatalk

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
I'm on DX and also can't see sig cuz on tapa talk

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
I followed that one and used same terminal but after I did ./rage.bin and it goes back to $, I fc it and open it, but it still $
Edit
Should I install their files? I'm using the ones I've been using. Was rage updated? And should I maybe follow the pc method?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Something isn't right with your phone, that's for sure. What exactly was the problem the z4? I honestly would go back and read but I'm too busy at the moment. There's also a computer-based program that might do it for you that I could probably dig up here in half an hour or so called superoneclick or something like that.

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Something isn't right with your phone, that's for sure. What exactly was the problem the z4? I honestly would go back and read but I'm too busy at the moment. There's also a computer-based program that might do it for you that I could probably dig up here in half an hour or so called superoneclick or something like that.

Problem was z4root didn't work it installed su but it didn't work right. And didn't even download bb.

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Hi, I was using z4root 1.3.0. Could anyone tell me what version you used to root on 2.2.1? Could been because the update had bugs...

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Yep, tried it twice then reboot then tried two more times. Yes debug was on.

Edit
Back to TE I think that tut wrong I should do something or same as the pc tut or maybe install the su.apk 1st...