z4Root - One Step Rooting for Many Android Devices!!

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
ok so to be clear b4 I use this method to root......I can use this and unroot as well when a new update comes along as long right? I dont wanna be stuck with a rooted phone that I cant update in the future

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok so to be clear b4 I use this method to root......I can use this and unroot as well when a new update comes along as long right? I dont wanna be stuck with a rooted phone that I cant update in the future

As far as I know you should be fine. Don't know if anyone has unrooted with it yet but I know the option is there. Just be carefull to not remove system apps as that will prevent an update.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well z4root would def be easier since you just have to press a button.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
thanx just did it and tethering and screen shots work well :icon_ banana:

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
thanx just did it and tethering and screen shots work well :icon_ banana:

damnit man, wireless tethering is not working for me. Screen shots are, but I'm going to try and uninstall the wifi tethering (and barnacle too) and reinstall and try to see if that fixes the problem.:icon_evil:

MrSpeed3

Reaction score
dancedroidRooted my 4 day old X with z4root last thursday. Havent had a problem with it since. All my root req apps work. Even got me ps3 to tether off my X.:icon_ banana:

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
dancedroidRooted my 4 day old X with z4root last thursday. Havent had a problem with it since. All my root req apps work. Even got me ps3 to tether off my X.:icon_ banana:
just keep rubbing it in... :icon_ poke:

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
hahaha i use the wireless tether for root only and it works great....has the green wifi sign as the icon....just unroot using it and reroot and c what happens

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apps2SD

I may not have noticed it mentioned since the thread has grown since I started it, but last night I was going through my applications under settings/applications/manage applications/all applications. I noticed that there were many more apps I could now move to the SD card then I could before rooting.

While I'm on that subject if you have widgets and move them to the SD card you may run into problems running those widgets. It's a good idea to just let them stay on the phone.

iamasongnow

Reaction score
is it possible to root and just overclock?

yup. rooting allows you superuser permission. click the root button, reboot the phone and that's it. basically all you'll notice is a "superuser" app in your app drawer. what you do from there is all up to you. my brother in law used this yesterday and it worked perfectly.

Domestic violence

Reaction score
rooted successfully using Z4, loaded wireless tether, setCPU and ScreenShot.

however, i thought the max was 1ghz, not the 800mhz that setCPU allows