z4root not working for me

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Here's what I just did:

Uninstalled z4root, BusyBox, Superuser, Wireless tether.
Rebooted
Downloaded and reinstalled z4. Chose temporary root. It went through the process and said "Temporary root applied!"
Downloaded and installed Wireless tether: "No root."

What am I doing wrong?

And when I open z4 again, it doesn't give an option to unroot. It's just the mainpage that says temporary root/permanent root.

mikeyrocks

Reaction score
I ran permanent root on mine, did you try that the first time? The posts I read when looking into this said to use the permanent root to fully root...
and No, ROM manager isn't REQUIRED, but I like that it hosts many trusted ROMS right there on its interface under "download rom"...I bought the premium version and installed my ROM with it, worked like a charm.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's what I just did:

Rebooted
Downloaded and reinstalled z4. Chose temporary root. It went through the process and said "Temporary root applied!"

What am I doing wrong?

And when I open z4 again, it doesn't give an option to unroot. It's just the mainpage that says temporary root/permanent root.

I didn't see that in the first version. It was simply root. Is there a permanent root to choose from? Choose that if so. You can still remove the root.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Use "Permanent Root". The temporary option will root until you reboot the phone.

Here's what I just did:

Rebooted

What am I doing wrong?

I didn't see that in the first version. It was simply root. Is there a permanent root to choose from? Choose that if so. You can still remove the root.

DroidForums junkie!