Z4Root not working for 2.3.340

csantoro85

Reaction score
My phone was previously rooted manually. I restored Bloat, and was able to install the update successfully. Tried using Z4Root to root the phone, and it will not work. Even did a factory reset and tried again and it will still not work. Anyone got any advice or tips?

gbright666

Reaction score
Oops.

Try unrooting first with z4 than try again

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

AFAngryWarrior

Reaction score
I had the same issue. It worked but only a little... I could install Rooted apps, and they said my phone was rooted but none of the permissions came up through SuperUser and none of the root programs actually worked. So I unrooted using Z4Root, then tried rooting again and same thing. So I did a hard reset, then tried rooting again same thing. Right now I'm wiping with SBF, then will reinstall the Update. Then will try Z4Root one last time before i give up on Z4root until an update comes out or something...

Getti33

Reaction score
Mine rooted just fine after ota.

It was the first time I have used it , before I just used dorootbut I'm about half way on a 6 hour drive so I figured I would try it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had to use the 2.3.20 sbf after applying the OTA in order to be able to re-root. Everything I tried to gain root after applying the OTA 'seemed' to work, but didn't actually give me root. But, after using the sbf, all was good again.

AFAngryWarrior

Reaction score
It worked perfect this time! After flashing the newest SBF, then running it. No problems after that. Just glad I got it to finally work so I could have my root only apps back..

OP
C

csantoro85

Reaction score
Does anyone currently have a link to the 2.3.20 SBF for the Droid X cause I'm currently stuck in bootloader with a bricked phone