Z4Root for Droid X??

naknak95

Reaction score
Will z4root work.with the droid x? I have the. Api file and wanted to see if anybody already tried it.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Yes, it will work on the X - I understand that it has been removed from the Market but if you have the .APK, you should be fine.

There are several threads over at our sister site www.droidxforums.com where members have discussed using it...

Good luck!

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Yeah, use your phone to download then in your file manager (I use astro) just open the zip file and it will install on your phone. Roots the x no problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
naknak95

naknak95

Reaction score
Thank you you two. It worked, just wanted to make sure it wouldn't mess it up or anything.

preacher1611

Reaction score
I use the z4 root all the time it works great!

milimar

Reaction score

I have I guess a dumb question, once one roots his phone with lets say z4root what would one do next? As being new to droid with an X phone what would I do or, what could I do once it is rooted?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Well it all depends... you can get an overclock app from the market and overclock the phones processor, load custom ROMs to make your phone look different and remove some or all of the moto blur that was installed, vet a wifi tether app so you can use your 3G signal for things like a computer, ipad or itouch, the list goes on....

OP
naknak95

naknak95

Reaction score

I have I guess a dumb question, once one roots his phone with lets say z4root what would one do next? As being new to droid with an X phone what would I do or, what could I do once it is rooted?

I just wanted root for the app Wireless Tether for Root Users. Its handy for travel.