z4root download problem

ninja12

Reaction score
So I got my droid 2 global today and setup and everything. Now I want to root it, but when I got to download z4root my computer quarantines the files and says its a trojan virus. Anyone know where I could get this and be able to actually use it?

biknut1

Reaction score
Rooting

So I got my droid 2 global today and setup and everything. Now I want to root it, but when I got to download z4root my computer quarantines the files and says its a trojan virus. Anyone know where I could get this and be able to actually use it?

Your anti-virus is hitting on this program because it changes root system files that affect the operating system. If you could do some kind of whitelist, or maybe disable your anti-virus for a bit, you should be able to get it through.

Also, you can go through your phone's browser and download it directly to your SD Card. You may have to download Astro or something similar from the market to be able to see it, but Astro is free.

If that doesn't work, search on this forum for ways to access it on your phone.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Those are the only 2 options. Disable your AV, or download directly to the phone from the phone. Well unless you want to go to the trouble of booting a live linux distro lol.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check the links in my sig for rooting the Droid 2....Z4 is linked there and ready for download to your phone. It MIGHT come through as a .txt file....if that is the case replace the txt with apk and you are good to go.

TrueSpin

Reaction score
For what its worth, z4 didn't work for me... I used a oneclick rooter for the pc and had to reboot my phone while connected to get it to take.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Didnt work..how? Was it just sitting on the screen forever? Thats normal sometimes. You just close the app out and try again. Most the time it works on the first try, sometimes it takes 3 or 4 tries but it always works.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score

Go to the quarantine and look for the option to make it a exclusion to scans.

Why am I not using my TB you ask. The droid is where it all began.

OP
N

ninja12

Reaction score
I finally got it. I just downloaded it on my phone and installed and ran it and it worked out. I am now running fission 2.4.3 gingerbread theme with the matrix background. its awesome.

hendricksfan01

Reaction score
Ok so I read the z4root forum. All 34 pages. I got te nerve to do it and when I try to download z4root my d2g says download unsuccessful content not supported. I can't download any .zip file. Please help. Noob here so go slow. I know I'm stupid. Thanks awesome forum though.

Masamichi7

Reaction score
That's odd.. try getting the Download All Files app from the market, and then downloading the zip file. Hope that helps.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Masamichi7

Reaction score
And don't forget to go to Settings > Applications, and check Unknown Sources. That way it'll let you install it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

hendricksfan01

Reaction score
Ok so I read the z4root forum. All 34 pages. I got te nerve to do it and when I try to download z4root my d2g says download unsuccessful content not supported. I can't download any .zip file. Please help. Noob here so go slow. I know I'm stupid. Thanks awesome forum though.

So I figured out I need to install astro file manager so I can download a zip file. Thanks all.