1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Z4Root apk inflected???

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by TJConnery, Jan 30, 2011.

1. TJConnery

TJConnery New Member

I was reading up on the D2G root methods and have a problem:

Every time I try to download the z4 root apk file, my anti-virus software (Kaspersky) tells me this file is infected, even on the xda site as well as the link(s) to it on this forum.

It says:

"Threat detected:
    object is infected by Exploit.Linux.Lotoor.g"

I also get another pop-up that looks like the file is appended with something called "rageagainsthecage" and describes it as a Trojan.

Any ideas what is going on here? Seems like the only way for me to DL this file is to turn off anti-virus, and that is not happening. Anyone got a link to a clean download?

Also, after reading about 16 pages of the how to root your D2G, I am left wondering what the point is if you don't get improved battery life?

Tx.
  2. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Kaspersky...really? Why? Has Android ever been taken down once? It is bloat IMO.

Inflected? nope, z4root is a great way to remove bloat. I used a droid antivirus program and it told me wireless tether was a threat...that was a year ago, lol.
  3. TJConnery

TJConnery New Member

A/V is on the desktop

Kaspersky is on the desktop, not the mobile - all I wanted to do was DL to my Windows7 Laptop and then copy that and bootstrap to my sd card. I can DL bootstrap, but not z4.
  4. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Got ya, it isn't lookout. Yeah, I think you are good. My CA always says RSD is crap, but I know it isn't. That is the deal, AV SW tries real hard, but sometimes it comes down to user discretion.
  5. TJConnery

TJConnery New Member

Lowered the bar

Okay, so I browsed around and saw that other Kaspersky users had the same problem. I lowered the bar to let the file in, and then re-enabled. The Mod is running as we speak. Fingers crossed.

Why did they take this off the Market? Because it's a mod?
Search tags for this page
is z4root a virus
is z4root app a threat?
z4 root virus
z4root apk avg classed as malware
z4root apk sem virus
z4root apk virus
z4root clean download
z4root download apk virus
z4root has trojan
z4root has virus

z4root infected