z4root and DoRootForWindows infected?

josephjah

Reaction score
Hi, I've tried searching the forums for this but no useful information has surfaced. Perhaps someone here could help.

I've rooted my phone in the past and somehow it has unrooted itself (perhaps an update I've installed?). Now, I am trying once again so I can use Bootstrap Recovery to install a new rom. But so far everything I can find to help me root is infected!

For instance,

After downloading z4root, Trend Micro fires a warning about a file:
AndroidOS_LOTOOR.A
res\raw\rageagainstthecage.blah blah

When trying DoRootForWindows, Trend Micro complains about:

Android.C1E9BC2B
DoRootForWindows\rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin

...Now, from what I've read, I don't want to mess with this. I've tried multiple download sources from this forum and Xda-developers but they are ALL infected. I can't find a clean file.

Can someone help me?

Wrenis Pinkle

Reaction score
Your "Infection"

RageAgainstTheCage is nothing more than the Man putting a label on we have been doing since the release of the first Droid phones/devices: rooting.

In short, it is considered to be malware simply because it will root your device. That is all. I prefer z4root; it's simple to un-root before an update, there are no if-ands-or buts about what to do, just click the button.

So, if you need more help, feel free to drop a line, but trust me, disable your trend micro, install z4root, reboot, exploit, and enjoy!

electro

Reaction score
OP
J

josephjah

Reaction score
Thank you so much to both of you. You were absolutely right. And everything worked like a charm!

To anyone else who may read this thread in the future: Installing a new rom on my droid x was the best decision I've ever made regarding this phone. The stock motoblur software motorola puts on these phones is very much inferior to what I have now (Rubix Focused).

Thanks again guys!

Chris-pee

Reaction score
I had the same issue with downloading Visionary for my moms my touch 4g, charter security suite kept killing it. Disabled for a second and it was fine.