Z4root after ota

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I'm kinda scared to root in general. Anyone done it yet?

8pened!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
With Z4root, the worst that'll happen is that it won't root.

DroidForums Junkie!!

en28so

Reaction score
I did, like 5min after I got my X. I think some people mess up their phones because they don't read first
before rooting(I sure did), what they should and shouldn't do.
Droid X rooted with z4root and running DarkSlide V4.2 underclocked ( to save battery)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As far as z4, there isn't really much to "mess up". I do HIGHLY recommend research, research, research before doing anything else!

I did, like 5min after I got my X. I think some people mess up their phones because they don't read first
before rooting(I sure did), what they should and shouldn't do.
Droid X rooted with z4root and running DarkSlide V4.2 underclocked ( to save battery)

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
Jamis0n

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I've been doing the research but the fact the warrantee is what scares me. So i decided to give it a shot and got the apk and installed it and did my back ups on Everything. I did permanent root with USB debugging on and it goes to the second process "root shell blah blah blah" and it returns to my home screen. No su in apps and didn't reboot phone. Tried to open z4 again and it force closes. Try to open it again no response. I did soft and hard reset.

Tried 3 times same result.

Any ideas?

8pened!

en28so

Reaction score
I've been doing the research but the fact the warrantee is what scares me. So i decided to give it a shot and got the apk and installed it and did my back ups on Everything. I did permanent root with USB debugging on and it goes to the second process "root shell blah blah blah" and it returns to my home screen. No su in apps and didn't reboot phone. Tried to open z4 again and it force closes. Try to open it again no response. I did soft and hard reset.

Any ideas?

8pened!
It might be a bad download of z4root. Remove it and try to get z4 from th Xda website. Use the latest version.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is possible! Or you can PM me your email and I'll send you the apk directly. If you have the same results, it may not work.

Any ideas?

8pened!
It might be a bad download of z4root. Remove it and try to get z4 from th Xda website. Use the latest version.

DroidForums Junkie!!