Z4 Root question for Dx

J

JriderG

Well all I can say is good luck to vzw.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

J

JriderG

Sprint hasn't yet. Yet being the key word.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah I hear you. The main problem apparently is that people are trying to replace their ISP with tethering....which is amazing because there is absolutely no way you would get me to replace my 50mb down and 25mb up with some crappy 3g or 4g connection. I say crappy because it is barely better than dial up IMO. Point being they don't compare.....at all.

J

JriderG

You have an awesome connection. But 4g seems alright but i still got some waiting before I can get one.

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
In my opinion u should not have to pay for it. That is sort of ridiculous.

Yeah - you go ahead & waste your money.
In my opinion, why would you buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid Who wants to spend $120 a year on something that won't be used all the time?
I was able to get a wireless tether that works. These forums are soo great!

J

JriderG

Wouldn't it be like $240 a year. Im not really sure the rates, but I thought it was 20 a month.

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
In my opinion u should not have to pay for it. That is sort of ridiculous.

and with that mentality....VZW should not allow you to do it then....which is the point. If we, and I say we meaning as a community, keep "stealing" (which is how VZW see's it) then they are going to remove the ability. Then you don't have to worry about paying for it because you wont be doing it.

What apps have you tried for the tethering? More than the one right?
Let VZW remove the ability. They make $ millions on everyone, anyway. I don't like being forced to pay $29.95 for data service, anyway, so the free wireless will be a perk. The one I just downloaded works.
Ya ya - I know, no one's forcing me to pay for anything...but if i wanted the Dx, that's the penalty for owning one.

Last edited:
OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be like $240 a year. Im not really sure the rates, but I thought it was 20 a month.

No - If I opted for the hot spot, the rate would be $10 a month. You're getting ripped off.

J

JriderG

Cool man glad to hear you got it. Its harder on gb leak.

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
yeah I hear you. The main problem apparently is that people are trying to replace their ISP with tethering....which is amazing because there is absolutely no way you would get me to replace my 50mb down and 25mb up with some crappy 3g or 4g connection. I say crappy because it is barely better than dial up IMO. Point being they don't compare.....at all.
actually, the wireless kind of sucks...my ping is over 170. is that common with normal wireless hotspot?

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the OP got his issue solved? Remember that topic? :)

Sent from my laptop being tethered to my X because I'm in a crappy motel in SoCal