z4 root not working

ayatesdx

Reaction score
I just got a replacement phone from verizon. I am having the most difficulty in the world rooting it, as my old one is running liberty 2.0. my replacement is running 2.3.3. is it just incompatible?? and should i try to redo the sbf they got on here. the z4 force closes everytime i tap permanent root. i tried deleting the old one and using the file saved on my computer in place of it and same thing. it was rooting when i first did it but forced closed in the middle of the process. any help is appreciated!

btw my phone is a droid x. lol

also my phone is not receiving texts as quick as my old one. idk wtf is up with vzw but wow.

Last edited:

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
Z4root is not compatible with gingerbread but you should be able to sbf to froyo and update to the leaked prerooted gingerbread. Don't quote me on it but check the forums you should be able to find out a definite answer.

hazyshd

Reaction score
That's what I ended up having to do. It's not too much trouble but kinda annoying.

Remember 2.3.3 is gingerbread and z4root only works on froyo and earlier I think. They have gingerbreak to root gingerbread but apparently motorola fixed the vulnerability they were using.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

FernBch

Reaction score
That is correct the OTA of GB is not rootable and you can SBF back to Froyo. Look here and over at XDA and others for the proper SBF file. Make sure you understand the instructions and follow them exactly and you should be fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums