Z4 root issue

Gryffen Spark

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with installing z4root. I put it on my Droid X but the phone doesn't seem to recognize it. When i open it up in astro, I then "open app manager" and its pretty much a blank screen with no info beside name, label, file version etc, and no option to install. Does anyone have any ideas why this is and what I'm possibly doing wrong. It just seems like my phone doesn't know what to do with a .apk file. Any help would be appreciated.

Swyped with speed

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Last time I tried helping someone with a Droid X, I got spanked, but just for kicks have you made sure you have enabled "Unknown Sources" in menu -> settings -> applications ?

good luck

Evolone

Reaction score
I'm having the same issues as the OP and I have debugging and non market apps enabled. Even downloaded the file twice, to different folders, rebooted, no antivirus etc. any tips? Besides stop trying lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
G

Gryffen Spark

Reaction score
What I ended up doing was backing up everything important and then doing a factory reset on the phone. I also copied everything on the sd card to the computer and then formatted that. I figured, if I root the phone everything will be wiped anyway so I did. I tried doing z4 root again and everything worked perfectly. Am now enjoying gingerbread with a custom theme. Hope it works out for you too.

Swyped with speed on GB Droid X