Z3 looks to be a complete bomb

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
If you can hold on longer, the Z4 should be announced in July. Who knows, maybe they will bring Shattershield back? I doubt it, but it is possible.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
Time's flying so fast these days, July will be here in no time. I think I can wait....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm working on setting up a brand new Z3 for my wife. What a sweet phone, smooth, solid build, snappy, nice camera, plenty of storage, etc. Not sure why this thing got a bad rep, or all the negative reviews. Seems really nice to me.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I'm working on setting up a brand new Z3 for my wife. What a sweet phone, smooth, solid build, snappy, nice camera, plenty of storage, etc. Not sure why this thing got a bad rep, or all the negative reviews. Seems really nice to me.

Interesting! I haven't even read up on it. I need to really start studying. I've deleted all apps I don't use on a regular basis and my pictures and music are on my SD card, but internal storage is still almost full. Thanks for the heads up on the Z3!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The Z2 didn't get the newest Snapdragon. I think that's the biggest deal. It's more like a Z2.2.

Tapatalk'ing on my 1+ 6t

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
True, that was unfortunate. But it's not like the chip it has in it is garbage. It's still a good chip and a nice smooth phone. Specs on paper are nice, but the user experience counts way more than specs in my opinion. The extra screen space by moving the fingerprint scanner to the side is very nice. The extra screen space doesn't seem really noticeable until I compared it side by side with my Z2 Force. Very nice. And the new Moto app features are nice. She is getting very good battery life. Overall it's a great phone for the price in my opinion, and received undo negative reviews by tech media just because if the chip. If there is no Z4 this Summer, or it's overpriced, or it doesn't support past gen Moto Mods I am buying a Z3 for myself also.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Did y'all see someone ordered, and received, a Z4 from Amazon? Oooops

I did see that and watched his "unboxing_ video. I don't believe it! I believe he got lucky and bought something labeled as a Z4 from Amazon due to an Amazon glitch. They have taken the product off of Amazon since then. But I don't believe that is the real Z4 that will be released to the public. It had a Moto 360 Camera Mod in the box that didn't even fit right. There is no way Moto will make a Z phone and sell a Moto Mod in the box with the phone and it doesn't fit correctly. I just can't believe that part. I think Amazon accidentally sold him a test phone that should have never been sold to the public.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And he has since stopped answering questions on his Reddit post

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's just my theory. I mean maybe it really was a real Z4 that went for sale way too early? Maybe? But if they are going to include Moto Mods in the box that don't fit right, what's the point?

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
That's just my theory. I mean maybe it really was a real Z4 that went for sale way too early? Maybe? But if they are going to include Moto Mods in the box that don't fit right, what's the point?

Yeah, that doesn't sound right.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
And didn't it have like a 670 processor? I can't believe Moto would put that in the Z4.

Tapatalk'ing on my 1+ 6t

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And didn't it have like a 670 processor? I can't believe Moto would put that in the Z4.

Tapatalk'ing on my 1+ 6t
It did. But if they continue the Z and Z Play lineup (a Z4 and a Z4 Play) then the Z4 Play would probably have a 600 series chip and the Z4 would have an 800 series. And the phone in the video had a headphone jack. Both of those make me think it was a test model Z4 Play. If Moto continues the release strategy the Z4 Play will be announced this month at their Brazil office and the Z4 will be announced in June or July in Chicago and probably be a Verizon exclusive at first.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Gonna want one of those
But only if my mods are compatible

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Gonna want one of those
But only if my mods are compatible

Same here. If the existing Moto Mods work, and sit flush, then I am in....I am getting a Z4.