Z-screen recorder

combat_chuck

Reaction score
Hey, I'm trying record my screen because I wanted to post a video on YouTube, but I'm only doing like one thing so I'm not sure I want to buy the Screencast pro app (it works great). Anyway, this app called z-screen recorder has a free version that will record as long as you like but the mp4 file it creates could not be recognized by any software I could find on my computer or by YouTube. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? Maybe a program that can clean up junk video files or something?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

zausan

Reaction score
Hi Combat_Chuck

I'm part of the Z-ScreenRecorder developer team, and I have found your thread googling "Z-ScreenRecorder".
The file recorded has .mp4 extension, and the video codec used is h.264, so you can watch with any video player that admit external codecs, and of course having installed this codec. (ffdshow includes it, this link is for a codec pack named k-lite code pack that includes it).
You can also see the videos with VLC media player, that includes the coded embebed, so you don't have to install external codecs.
I hope it helps.
Best regards.

Hey, I'm trying record my screen because I wanted to post a video on YouTube, but I'm only doing like one thing so I'm not sure I want to buy the Screencast pro app (it works great). Anyway, this app called z-screen recorder has a free version that will record as long as you like but the mp4 file it creates could not be recognized by any software I could find on my computer or by YouTube. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? Maybe a program that can clean up junk video files or something?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums