Z best rom??

xXGhosTBirDXx

Reaction score
Recently i was uploading a video from my computer to my d2, it was taking for ever and i did what i should not have done, disconnected the usb wire. So now my 8g is corrupt.

I was running the z4 root...but ive read some issues on it.
Was looking to reroot with liberty...fission is another ive heard about.

I saw a thread on here that was dedicated to just this.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Liberty and Fission are ROMs not a way to root....If you wanna root Z4root is alright I rooted with it right when it came out have been on it ever since.....so im a little confused on what your asking

elvyrorie

Reaction score
umm sounds like you just corrupted your 8g sd card. all you can do its reformat it. that has nothing to do with z4root, or any roms for that matter.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Rooting, ROMS and anything associated with those have nothing to do with your SD card becoming corrupted. That's a user error, which is on your part.

Since we don't have much information and cannot understand what you're asking for specifically here we cannot help you with much.

How about letting us know if there was any pop-ups or anything indicating the SD Card is in fact corrupted? I don't think it will get corrupted accidentally disconnecting it. You'll just have a bad file, which means you just need to delete that video file and try it again. If the SD Card has further problems, then state the problems here.

Rooting and ROMs are an entirelly different category from what you're inquiring about.

OP
X

xXGhosTBirDXx

Reaction score
Got it now...z4 root is allright then...what are the names of other good roots?? In otherwords the "preferred" or "majority"

so i think looking at my phone and understanding the terminology better...either droid 2 bootstrap or superuser is the rom im running right now then...does that sound about right? Also what roms out there are really good??

Well there are no pop-ups on the phone itself neither on the computer screen, its just now when i add music or a file the transferring window on the computer takes unsually longer and does not transfer and just freezes. It behaved normal before.
Though sometimes when i play music on my phone or look at pix, i get this error msg on the phone. Ill reboot it and it'll work just fine.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Z4root is just an app to root your phone with the push of a button. A lot of people prefer it, but I don't. I do everything manually because when you're allowing apps like that to manipulate the core of your phone then a lot could go wrong and you won't know what part is wrong.

I would provide you links to manually rooting your phone with the latest busybox and superuser and instructions including using a emulator and unrooting. Also, links for rsdlite plus sbf to get your phone back to stock if you brick it. Problem is my internet is out due to the snowstorm.

Droid 2 Bootstrapper is not a ROM. Its a app that helps you boot into recovery to install update.zip files, flash themes, flash ROMs, do cache dumps, and other dumps, backups and restore, and much more.

Superuser is not a ROM either. This gets inserted when you root your phone and helps you to allow permissions for apps like droid 2 bootstrapper to access your system in a way that wouldn't be allow to access if you were not rooted.

You should do more research on rooting, unrooting, su, busybox, superuser, then learn the means of doing nandroid backups, installing usb drivers, how to use rsdlite and sbf to return to stock and erase rooting, then get familiar over all of this stuff again so you know what you're doing then you can try out rooting and get used to what rooting can do for you. Then try out ROMs like Liberty and a bunch others. Then try out flashing themes on your ROM.

ROMs are located in this D2 section but in the ROM section.

Sent from the Droid 2 serial killer of iPhones

louy99

Reaction score
He has much to learn :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

doomer4life

Reaction score
I do not believe so, but could easily be wrong, that the provider has no bearing on it please if I am wrong someone let me know

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

tb110895

Reaction score
He has much to learn :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Indeed, we were all like that once though ;)

OP, I would really recommend reading up on this stuff before doing something you dont know how to do, and messing up your phone.