YUUUUGE Verizon News! Unlimited Data Returning!

Clamshell

Reaction score
How about unlimited calls and texts for us with unltd. data? Common Verizon throw us a bone.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
How about unlimited calls and texts for us with unltd. data? Common Verizon throw us a bone.
It's kind of funny since i find myself using my Phone as less of a Phone and more for everything Else. I could live with Capped Minutes but Unlimited TXT and Data would rock. Before I lost my Unlimited when I upgrade to the S3 i had a 1200min, unlimited TXT & DATA Plan and Never had any issues with 5 Lines. Especially when they had the Friends and Family where you can put up to 10 people Non Verizon that did not use Minutes.

Reaction score
Heh, lucky me, I have both unlimited texts and data, but 450 voice minutes. The funny part is that in a months time I barely ever use more than 20 minutes of it since everyone I know is on Verizon. Yeah, definitely death grip for me.

The irony of it all is that in the beginning they were forcing data on people who didn't want it. The complaints used to be that people didn't want that $30 charge for data if they never really used it. Now all of a sudden the tides turned.

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I already have unlimited texts but I'm locked at 900 minutes for calling with 5 friends and family I never go over my minutes. If I'm calling out, I have the option to use Google Voice so that can save minutes too. Just eats data that you don't care if you use. :)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Heh, lucky me, I have both unlimited texts and data, but 450 voice minutes.

450 minutes used to be a problem for me, now I use Hangouts dialer to make VoIP calls. It's sometimes better quality inside a building or in weak signal areas.

So minutes is no longer a problem for me. Although I hate being gouged $10 a month for text messages.

badtoy1986

Reaction score
Seriously, the title is extremely misleading. Almost sounds like XXXXXXX wrote it...(sorry to insert politics, can't help it EDIT: DELETED). These are features that they are going to market like crazy but in reality don't really give the consumer anything. Other carriers that offer actual unlimited data don't call their "capped" plans unlimited even though when you go over the cap you still re[ce]ive data at a throttled speed. They also give you more than one measly month to use your banked data. I mean, who has excess data every other month then overages the other 6 months of the year? I have rollover data, It is nice. It gives me confidence when I go places that I am bored to really burn down some data since I have a nice bank of it. But still, to make that bank I am essential over paying for my plan since I really do not use enough data for what I am buying.

Come up with something actually useful. Rebate customers for unused data, like Google does. Or bring back an actual unlimited plan, I know people would pay good money for it. Or at least let people "stash" their data for a year.

Also, I used to be a Verizon customer. I am a little tired of everyone still clinging to "the best network". Sure, in some categories yes, in others defiantly not. I was with them for many years. They are often slow to move on tech (although they seem to be doing well with 5G), Like when I was getting 1Mb/s on 3G, while everyone else was getting 10Mb/s on HSPA+, and being able to talk at the same time. They have a solid coverage yes, speeds are about the same across most of the networks now. And honestly, for most people any network will give them the same coverage as Verizon. I do understand that if you live in out in the boonies, Verizon will more than likely be your carrier.

Last edited by a moderator:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It's kind of funny since i find myself using my Phone as less of a Phone and more for everything Else. I could live with Capped Minutes but Unlimited TXT and Data would rock. Before I lost my Unlimited when I upgrade to the S3 i had a 1200min, unlimited TXT & DATA Plan and Never had any issues with 5 Lines. Especially when they had the Friends and Family where you can put up to 10 people Non Verizon that did not use Minutes.
That ^ is exactly what I would want, unfortunately my plan doesn't include texting, but is UDP with 1400 minutes of voice. I have two on UDP (wife and I) and my son on a tiered plan of 2 GB, but is on WiFi most of the time. There was a couple months where the son exceeded his data and each GB is an additional $10, which is painful. He had in one month gone 5 GB over and I nearly had a bird. I wish he had a larger plan but it's all that was available.

I also have F&F - 10 numbers, and free mobile to mobile calling so for our family, limits on voice are really a non-issue. On those rare months where we exceed 1400 minutes, we call and bump the plan to 2000 minutes for another $10, then back down in the new month. Fortunately Verizon let's us do it retroactive to the beginning of the billing period so we avoid the outrageous overage fees of 0.30c per, minute.

If there we one change I could make it would be to give my son UDP but it's not an option. A stopgap measure would be free streaming of media since that's what he consumes data with most of all.

Given there are only so many minutes in a day/month that you can be on a call, but there are arguably an infinite number of GB of data that one can consume in the same timeframe, and with faster networks and higher MP cameras, and streaming video, it's no wonder that Verizon flip-flopped their focus as to what the metered communication would be.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Seriously, the title is extremely misleading. Almost sounds like XXXXXXX wrote it...(sorry to insert politics, can't help it EDIT: DELETED). These are features that they are going to market like crazy but in reality don't really give the consumer anything. Other carriers that offer actual unlimited data don't call their "capped" plans unlimited even though when you go over the cap you still re[ce]ive data at a throttled speed. They also give you more than one measly month to use your banked data. I mean, who has excess data every other month then overages the other 6 months of the year? I have rollover data, It is nice. It gives me confidence when I go places that I am bored to really burn down some data since I have a nice bank of it. But still, to make that bank I am essential over paying for my plan since I really do not use enough data for what I am buying.

Come up with something actually useful. Rebate customers for unused data, like Google does. Or bring back an actual unlimited plan, I know people would pay good money for it. Or at least let people "stash" their data for a year.

Also, I used to be a Verizon customer. I am a little tired of everyone still clinging to "the best network". Sure, in some categories yes, in others defiantly not. I was with them for many years. They are often slow to move on tech (although they seem to be doing well with 5G), Like when I was getting 1Mb/s on 3G, while everyone else was getting 10Mb/s on HSPA+, and being able to talk at the same time. They have a solid coverage yes, speeds are about the same across most of the networks now. And honestly, for most people any network will give them the same coverage as Verizon. I do understand that if you live in out in the boonies, Verizon will more than likely be your carrier.
I agree with virtually all you said here, however using a political dig may offend some. In the future please retain from expressing political opinions.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Smoke and mirrors.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

wcjeep

Reaction score
Recently upgraded my daughter to a smartphone (S5). Explaining data caps to her . She was stunned Verizon Unlimited Data was not available. She lamented having to monitor data usage like normal people.

I don't tether and still average 30gb per month.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
With the fact I don't have any broadband access where I live now this is great news. I had to bump up my plan to 18gb with three lines from 10gb. At 10gb I had to constantly baby it. Even with 18gb I can't do everything I want to. Still wish I had not sold my two unlimited plans three years ago.

Tap'd from my 6 Plus