Yup another "amazed at the battery life" thread

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Yeah even if you drive it down to 35% and let Smart Actions take over you got hours to get home or to charge the beast.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

Section_10

Reaction score
Is anyone who's amazed by the Maxx's battery life just coming off of an iPhone by chance?

Even though Maxx is 4g (which im not noticing a difference of on or off w/ respect of battery life)...What would you expect the difference to be between a 1400mah iPhone and a 3300 Maxx?

William_04_x

Reaction score
From day one I've been fiddling with and showing off my MAXX. Today was my first day of normal use.

After 12 hours with 4G on full time, no smart actions, and display at full blast, I'm still at 70%. Pure awesome!

From RAZR MAXX

Last edited:

Section_10

Reaction score
Ok thats about where i'm at. 13hours on, 71% left. Minimal use mostly.

I guess if you're coming from an iPhone the 3300mah batter is a little under impressive, if you're coming from another 4g phone, it's better.

iPhones can drop only 1 or 2 percentage points in 4 hours. 4g phones tend to drop 1 point every hour. (this is standby alone, no use)

I did a quick study... on iPhone of contiual use, angry birds to music....etc... it took 3 minutes to drop one full percentage point.
It took only 2 minutes to drop one point on the Maxx.

This isn't a very thorough experiment but might hint that the bigger faster processors and bigger screen are obviously going to drain more. A simple iPhone will probably last longer than most of the smart phones now.. We'll let the Maxx cycle a few times before seeing if the 3300mah is even better than the iPhone 4. I know I'm curious about it.

Section_10

Reaction score
Ah I see,
Mine is
24 hours On
1.5 hours Display =19%
18minutes Phone calls = 17%
24minutes Android OS = 15%
Phone Idle = 14%

Everything was ok until last night.
Went to bed at Midnight power was at 61
iPhone was at 88

Woke up 8 hours later. Maxx was at 22
iPhone was at 86

Checked running apps and everything. something wrong.

SEColwell

Reaction score
Sounds like something is ......but its got to be an app running or GPS maybe....what about Bluetooth? I am not sure but I will go check my battery before bed tonight and nit charge to see what mine does and the only thing I will do is set my ringer in silent .....will update in the am

Mr. Colwell's Droid Razr MAXX

patmc81

Reaction score
Something called rild has used 30% of power today! But I have no clue what that is?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

tb2007

Reaction score
Man some of you guys are getting awesome battery life, I'm not getting anything like you guys. You make me think my phone is broken :p

Last night, I plugged in at about 17 hours with 20% left.
-4G all day
-2-3 hours screen time
-1 hour of Pandora
-30 minutes of phone calls
-1 Gmail account
-1 Exchange on push
-GPS on, No Facebook

It's so much better than my Droid 1, but no where near you guys 24 hour runs at 60% :)