Youtube widget ?

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
I have recently downloaded the 2.2 update however im noticing that the YOUTUBE widget no longer shows a preview it just says "connection problem .touch to try again " but it never works , I can still use it but it just doesnt show the preview. Does anyone else have this problem ? is it something with the update or something i need to activate . would task killer be doing this ?

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I never used it before, but just added it to my homescreen and it showed a preview. I'm on a strong wifi network because 3g is kinda weak at my house, but it seems like it's not the update...

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
I never used it before, but just added it to my homescreen and it showed a preview. I'm on a strong wifi network because 3g is kinda weak at my house, but it seems like it's not the update...

Sent from my DROIDX
SO if not the update do you think it has anything to do with either beautiful widgets, launcherpro , buttercut or launcherpro icons . ? that was the only other apps i installed besides update i recall it use to show me a preview but now it doesnt thats why im wondering it it was the update or one of these apps that might have done it . I know its something small but it bothers when you know something that small should work n it doesnt . thanks for trying it yourself n your reply

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, I use launcherpro+, beautiful widgets, and all of the icons on my homescreen were made using better cut, so I can't blame those. When you launch gtalk, are you signed it. All the google apps are tied in together. Also might depend on your sync settings...maybe.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
Well, I use launcherpro+, beautiful widgets, and all of the icons on my homescreen were made using better cut, so I can't blame those. When you launch gtalk, are you signed it. All the google apps are tied in together. Also might depend on your sync settings...maybe.

Sent from my DROIDX
thank you for trying to help brother but i officially give lol , yes im signed in to anything to do with gmail . if its a setting I dont know which one it si but it still doesnt work for me . I mean i can do everything with the youtube widget except see the preview . THANKS FOR YOUR REPLYS

OP
RK KINGKONG

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
Got it working thanks

Sent from my DROIDX

OK SO YOU ARE RIGHT LOL I was signed into everything but i had alot of the gmail stuff killed on task killer like search n all except gmail . so I guess you have to have those options open to see a preview thank you , for making me look into this . peace

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Haha! No problem. P.s. task killers are unnecessary and cause more issues like this than helping anything.

Sent from my DROIDX