YouTube - Waiting for Wifi message

Garnold

Reaction score
I'm trying to upload a video to YouTube and get this alert that says waiting for Wifi. Wifi is connected to my home network and still I get this message? So now I have to wonder if the phone is really using the Wifi for anything at all?

Lebowski

Reaction score
Ditto. Recorded a video last night - have always had a YT account so tried to upload and this morning still have a "waiting for wifi" message. Anyone?

Rob_W

Reaction score
Have either of you tried either filming in a lower resolution or just a very short clip to test it. I had the same problems but was able to upload if I dropped the resolution down or did a very short clip.

It's a pain but when I shoot 720P video I now just us the USB to get it to my computer and upload it from the computer.

Hopefully this gets fixed at some point.

Lebowski

Reaction score
Have either of you tried either filming in a lower resolution or just a very short clip to test it. I had the same problems but was able to upload if I dropped the resolution down or did a very short clip.

It's a pain but when I shoot 720P video I now just us the USB to get it to my computer and upload it from the computer.

Hopefully this gets fixed at some point.

Thank Rob,

Yeah - I download WiFi Manager and now can get onto WiFi (didn't even think about this before) and have read quite a bit about this and that's the whole issue "FILE SIZE". I can't even Gmail it to myself at current!

Really disappointed with this, but perhaps it will be addressed at some point in the future.

If I tape a major news event that I have to get online, you're right - I'll need to USB to a computer for now and then upload. :)