YouTube Videos BUFFER constantly while in WiFi.

Docholl1day

Reaction score
Whenever I watch YouTube videos on my DNA the videos buffer and buffer while the phone is on WiFi even when I switch the video out of HD. I'm running off of Verizon Fios using the Verizon modem/router. My desk top computer which is hardwired in the modem/router works good and the download speed is around 80mb and upload of 65mb. The phone is showing "excellent" strength for WiFi and the download speed on my phone is 33mb and upload of 51mbs. When I switch to 4g instead of WiFi I can view videos a bit better but still out of HD. I don't understand why it buffers this badly. It didn't buffer this bad when I had my old Samsung Galaxy S with only 512mb of ram. Any suggestions??

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
I have the buffer issue as well,WiFi or 4g. I can tether my phone to my laptop and yt runs just fine on highest quality. Same with Netflix on pc. Don't watch it on my phone so I couldn't tell u about that one.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Have you tried Starbucks WiFi or maybe a friends WiFi to verify your WiFi is ok.

rvcjew

Reaction score
Is your YouTube version 4.4.11? I would try going to settings, apps, all, then find YouTube and uninstall updates then get them back from the play store. Good luck. EDIT: you could try clearing the cache and data for the app as well.

Sent from my DROID DNA

wcjeep

Reaction score
Does YouTube work if you access thru the browser and skip the app?