youtube "video can not be played"

Darksthour

Reaction score
Anyone else getting this message? I even get it using the youtube app on my phone and from the full site. Is there anything I can do about it? Its actually pretty annoying how much it shows up.

mxfireman

Reaction score
I hope someone can answer this because I just got my X last week and it gives me the same message from both app and website. I can play vids from a website just not youtube. have I not turned something on?

Joker

Reaction score
I have noticed this happening to me every so often. I usually remedy it by powering off the phone and then turning it back on.

mxfireman

Reaction score
Thanx Joker I did this and it worked, I sure hope there is a permanent fix for this. To have to turn off my phone just to get videos sure seems cheesy. Thought the Droid X was suppose to be the Sh!t

AquariusGlitter

Reaction score
YESSS!! This is the issue that actually led me to this forum and got me to join! I've been dealing with this on my Incredible! This is a sudden issue, as the YouTube videos HAD been working properly in the past. Someone mentioned in a similar thread that it had to do with the Flash update?? Powering on and off hasn't worked for me.

Interestingly enough, I mentioned my problem to the I.T. guy where I work. (He also had a Droid). He told me to go to www.flash.com and it will recognize that I have a Droid and properly install, thus fix, the issue.

I haven't tried this YET. I will when I get home because the signal isn't too great in our building. Sooo, I don't know yet if this will solve the problem, but I will let you know. Has anyone tried this?

I really want to avoid doing a factory reset...

Joker

Reaction score
Thanx Joker I did this and it worked, I sure hope there is a permanent fix for this. To have to turn off my phone just to get videos sure seems cheesy. Thought the Droid X was suppose to be the Sh!t
Your Welcome. Hopefully for you it turns out to be a permanent fix. I know for me it has not been a permanent fix as it still occurs on my phone every now and then. As I never actually turn my phone off for any given length of time, I figure a power cycle every week is not too bad. It's like a needed reboot on a PC.
YESSS!! This is the issue that actually led me to this forum and got me to join! I've been dealing with this on my Incredible! This is a sudden issue, as the YouTube videos HAD been working properly in the past. Someone mentioned in a similar thread that it had to do with the Flash update?? Powering on and off hasn't worked for me.

Interestingly enough, I mentioned my problem to the I.T. guy where I work. (He also had a Droid). He told me to go to www.flash.com and it will recognize that I have a Droid and properly install, thus fix, the issue.

I haven't tried this YET. I will when I get home because the signal isn't too great in our building. Sooo, I don't know yet if this will solve the problem, but I will let you know. Has anyone tried this?

I really want to avoid doing a factory reset...
Sorry to hear that the power off/on did not solve your issue. I don't have flash running/installed on my phone, so I can't say if that fix would help you. Perhaps someone else on the forums can chime in on your prob/fix. Or just let us know how the fixed mentioned to you worked out as everyone on here will greatly appreciate your feedback.

AquariusGlitter

Reaction score
Oooh, the installation of the Flash Player worked beautifully just like he said it would!!! After downloading it, I powered off/powered on (just in case) and now my YouTube videos have been playing perfectly!! I played several different ones just to make sure! Try it!! I hope it works for all of you guys, too! :heart:

Joker

Reaction score
Great to hear that it worked out. I will keep this fix in mind when and if I get flash installed.
Thanx

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App