Youtube upload question

Drooks10

Reaction score
I made a video this morning that was about 1:30 in length. When I tried to upload it directly to youtube, I got a message that said the file was too big. Is there anyway to fix this? Maybe change recording settings to keep the file size smaller?

stryguy

Reaction score
[video=youtube;XzKOe8xlnVY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzKOe8xlnVY]YouTube - The Flippy Thingy VS The Paper Dragon[/video] uploaded from my phone in 720p. You'll notice you can change the video resolution to 720p in the bottom right of the video.

I'll try a longer video for ya

stryguy

Reaction score
You're right!

The video above of my daughter is 56mb. uploaded just fine.

The new video is 259mb and it says. "Cannot upload videos larger than 1GB"

I tried with Wifi and 3G

OP
D

Drooks10

Reaction score
My video was only 48 MB and it would only upload 30 seconds of it.

phatkat66

Reaction score
damn wat the hell is up with youtube. Idk weather to blame the phone or the youtube app. But either way im not happy. It sucks being so excited for a phone or anything in general just to be disappointed left and right. Its supposed to be a multimedia based phone but the volume sucks, youtube doesn't work for it, camera is a big complaint for some (not for me but I have my moments where I get irritated by it) even the dpi is less than a droid1s which is rediculous.

I hope theres a fix asap I want to upload videos to my youtube >_<

Speedr117

Reaction score
It's not youtube. I copied my 128 mb file to my computer and uploaded it from there just fine. It appears to be the phone...or maybe the mobile YouTube?

Also, does everyone have to enter their username and password each time, or is it just me?

Thanks!!!

heycow

Reaction score
Don't use the YouTube app. Go to Gallery, choose the movie you want to upload. Click the Menu button, choose Share and choose YouTube. You do have to be on WiFi for larger videos but it should upload.

Also, I don't have to enter my password each time, so it's just you. :)

Speedr117

Reaction score
Don't use the YouTube app. Go to Gallery, choose the movie you want to upload. Click the Menu button, choose Share and choose YouTube. You do have to be on WiFi for larger videos but it should upload.

Also, I don't have to enter my password each time, so it's just you. :)

That's exactly how I do it, but it still asked my username and password each time. Anyone have any ideas?

hydrates

Reaction score
Adding on, same issue. File easily less than 1gb and get error message. Seems like only bids less than 15(?)mbs upload properly.