YouTube Upload Issued To Be Resolved Soon

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by JPHeiser, Nov 25, 2009.

1. JPHeiser

JPHeiser New Member

Have read a number of posts complaining of problems uploading all but the smallest of videos to YouTube. After engaging WiFi (understandable - why try to upload 100Mb over 3G?), the upload would enter an endless loop of timeouts and retries.

Knowing the Android OS and YouTube are both Google entities, I thought I'd try a Google help forum, and immediately received a reponse from a Google employee. After clarifying my issue, I have received this response:
    I've spoken to our server guys and it seems there was a size restriction on one of the servers that deals with mobile queries. We're in the process now of removing that restriction, and we expect that this work will be complete in a few days' time.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and it should all start working in a couple of days or so!

I think it's very cool that a user inquire should get such a direct and quick response from Google.

So "Please Stand By" and try those video uploads again in a few days (probably after Thanksgiving).

John
    :motdroidhoriz:
  2. SuperDroid

SuperDroid New Member

So....anything yet?
  3. m21knight

m21knight New Member

Why does YouTube force my 9MB file to upload on wifi?
  4. peterpressure

peterpressure New Member

I still have issues.