youtube mobile problem. help!

rayswift

Reaction score
I want to be able to upload vids from my phone. I went to the site and its telling me to put this random jibberish email into my contacts for some reason.

I went to settings to try and sync but for some reason it wont.

I went to accounts on youtube from my phone and wont even accept my original password. I notice my username with the "@youtube.com" but like I said my Droid wont sync but my gmail account is synced. Sync is on.

Any help?

ericcsong

Reaction score
same problem here. was able to upload videos no problem before. now I can't! anyone?

JCo352

Reaction score
have you tried to got to your gallery, choose which video you want long press it, press share, go to youtube and press upload

ericcsong

Reaction score
yup, thats how I've always done it. tried uploading videos yesterday and today and this window pops up asking for password for (myusernname) @youtube.com

I enter my password and says its the wrong password. but I go into my youtube widget and can log in that way. and can also log in online no problem.

everytime I try to add a video now, it goes back to the password screen and says wrong password. frustrating!

anyone else?

OP
R

rayswift

Reaction score
Yea. I was uploading to YouTube and when it finished, it said network error

kbayer

Reaction score
Same **** here... must be a youtube problem. hopefully they'll get it resolved.

kettigm

Reaction score
I have been fighting this for two days but got it to work. It appears for some reason, youtube has taken your username and added @youtube.com to it. This is incorrect and will not work. You may be able to do this in a different order but this worked for me.

Go to settings/applications/manage applications > filter/all applications > go to youtube > clear data and cache.

Go to accounts and sync > delete [email protected]

Now try upload. Should work.

kbayer

Reaction score
Nope... thanks anyway. No problem on my computer, or on my Nokia N95, or on my wifes Iphone. Just the Droid.

OP
R

rayswift

Reaction score
Wtf!!! Now I can't play any videos when I'm YouTube on my Droid? I always get "sorry this video cannot be played" why is my phone going retarded on me?!

kbayer

Reaction score
Dayummmm. At least my vids are still playing. However, I've only had 50% luck playing my OWN videos that I uploaded to YouTube with the Droid. Toooooo weird.
Gotta be Youtube/Google mess. Hopefully they aren't turning into some kinda wacked control freaks.

Last edited:

kbayer

Reaction score
I also noticed that Gmail isn't sending even text messages -- they remain as "sending", and that my GPS can't get a lock...

Can someone else check to see if their Gmail and GPS is working?

WTF??????????????????

cuskit

Reaction score
I've corrected this problem on my Droid by deleting my uTube account on my phone. Then go on your computer and log into your uTube account. Here you link your Google account with your uTube account and it will get rid of the "utube.com on the end of your user name when you open it again. Back on the Droid be sure to use settings>account to sync. Worked fine for me - two days now and counting! ;) mikey

kbayer

Reaction score
Thanks -- will try when I get home from work... arrrrrrg!!!!!!!!!:icon_evil: