Youtube message "Sorry cannot display this video" Everytime....

jam24u

Reaction score
While watching a youtube video when traveling, I frequently get a message that basically says "Sorry, cannot display this video" and then you have to hit an OK button to get past the message. The video will not play again for awhile. This happens on almost all youtube videos.

If I am at a location where I am connected by WiFi, I do not receive this video interruption and message.

Can someone advise if there is something I can do to my Galaxy SIII by Samsung phone or explain what is going on?:icon_eek:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
It would seem that you are viewing streaming video using your data plan. If you are in an area with a signal disruption or switching cell towers or in a congested cell area there may not be a solution.

OP
jam24u

jam24u

Reaction score
Thanks for replying 'leeshor'.

When I make an hour trip out of my small town towards our larger cities, this message still pops up.

Now, I remembered that I have been watching youtube on my Chrome browser. Primarily because it has my account subscriptions and favorites on it. The youtube app, does not have that and I hate researching for what interests me. It is a time waster.

Today I am making another trip and will see if the similar happens again on the youtube app.

OP
jam24u

jam24u

Reaction score
Well, I tried my experiment and learned that my problem may well have been whether I used youtube on a browser or on the youtube app. Using the youtube app resulted in long videos not being interrupted by a window that says "Sorry, but this video is no longer viewable." (or something like that)
Anyway, just using the youtube app seemed to solve my problem.